.·:*¨༺Our kingdom༻¨*:·. (Part 2)

Description: Prince Jaehyun discovers prince Yei's true identity but is then met with a dilemma, realising that he still had feelings even if the beautiful princess turned out to be a beautiful prince instead.

What are they going to do about their feelings and how are they supposed to be together?

(Medieval romance, angst, suspense)
———————

"I am.. feeling baffled.. Am I dreaming? I suppose that I am in a serious need of a rest. I am so exhausted that I have started hallucinating.."

"I.. um.. prince Jaehyun, you do not understand-"

Jaehyun eventually lowered his head so he could be on "the princess'" eye level, taking one more glance at her and realising that this was in fact not a princess at all.

"You.. you are a male.. you lied to me this whole time? If you are not lady Yei.. then who are you.. young man..?"

"I.. umm.. I.. am.. prince Yuta.. from the ruby kingdom."

"Prince Yuta? From the ruby kingdom? So you are from one of the six kingdoms after all.. but.. but why did you feel the need to hide the truth from me? I am unable to understand.."

"Well.. I just.. needed to spend some time on my own and with my own thoughts. That was why I had gone to the forest. I usually go there when I am in the need of peace and quiet.. I have been feeling really unwell lately.."

Jaehyun raised his eyebrow as he finally took a step back, keeping his eyes peeled on the smaller male who was currently explaining everything with his soft voice.

"My parents.. they said that I have taken way too long to choose a princess to marry and that if I do not make a decision.. our kingdom will probably face many problems. So I have been thinking about that every single day and I just could not take it anymore.. so I snuck out and went very far away.. and that is how I reached to this forest.."

"But that still does not explain why you felt the need to lie to me, sir Yuta.. I was fooled by your soft and feminine appearance.. I thought that you really were a princess.. for the longest time."

Yuta faced the ground in shame as he let out a little sob which was then followed by him hiding his face with his hands.

Jaehyun was really confused but also felt guilty that he caused such a mess. He did not mean to make the other prince cry and he definitely did not mean to offend him in any way.

"No, no! Please do not cry.. I did not mean to sadden you. I.. just wanted to know your reasoning behind acting like a princess in front of me this whole time.."

Yuta slowly uncovered his face and then faced Jaehyun with his eyes which were now full of tears.

"I.. I cannot choose a princess.. because I did not feel anything for a single one of them.. so I thought that maybe there is something wrong with-with me. I have never felt any romantic feelings towards someone before.."

Jaehyun was afraid that he had a vague idea of where Yuta's speech was heading which had even further concerned him about his own situation.

"But then.. then I met you today.. and you were so careful and sweet with me. It made me feel special and loved.. I know I should not have lied to you like this but I only did it because I was scared to tell the truth at first.. but then I started feeling something happening to my-my heart.."

Jaehyun had taken Yuta to the bed while he was still talking and had sat down with him, trying his best not to disturb the other again and ruin everything.