.·:*¨༺Way too clingy༻¨*:·.

Description: Yuta has been a bit too clingy lately so Mark starts feeling uneasy and wants to ask the elder to stop but later realises how much of a mistake that was.

(Sad fluff with a happy ending)
———————

"Taeyong hyung? Taeyong hyuuuung? Where are you?! Oh- there you are-"

Mark had been sprinting around the dorms, trying to find Taeyong for the last 3 minutes and it would've been way easier if their leader could've heard the Canadian calling for him but he was unfortunately busy with making lunch for the members right now.

"Hmm? Oh hi Mark. I was trying to figure out how to make the perfect kimchi fried rice but it unfortunately turned out to be way more complex than I expected.."

"Kimchi fried rice?! Ah.. no. This is not the reason I came here. Taeyong hyung.. you need to help me with something. Like.. I really don't know what to do."

"Oh? What's wrong? I will try my best to help you out but I unfortunately already started cooking so I will be able to do whatever you want me to do after I am done here, okay?"

"That's fine.. Well, I have a problem actually. With.. with Yuta hyung. And I really don't know how to solve it on my own so that's why I came here to ask you for an advice."

"You have a problem with Yuta? Did you argue over something? He tends to be a bit sulky after arguments but I am sure he will be back to his usual cheerful self the next time you see him."

"No hyung.. that's not the issue."

Taeyong turned around so he was now facing the younger. The leader then raised an eyebrow as he put his dipper down for a second.

"Then what is the issue?"

"Well.. you know how I.. how the two of us always spend time together? He's kind of.. become way too clingy lately and I really don't know how to ask him to tone it down a bit.. I will feel absolutely terrible if I hurt his feelings by telling him I don't want him to do that as much."

Taeyong sighed and turned around once again. He put the meal to cook on a low setting and then took Mark to the living room, sitting down with him on the couch and making sure there was no one around who could hear them.

"Mark.. I know that it might seem a bit much for you but he's been going through some things lately and you are the only one that is able to cheer him up.. your presence is already enough for him to feel better."

"I.. I didn't know that.. I-"

"I understand that you aren't used to that much affection but that's how he is showcasing his love and is also the thing that helps him cope with his stress. Please try to understand that you are very essential in his life right now."

Mark now felt bad. He had no idea that Yuta was facing difficulties in his life so he would often just get annoyed by all of the skinship the elder would constantly shower him with.

But now that he heard Taeyong explain everything to him, he really started feeling guilty for not wanting his love and affection.

"As his best friend, I am asking you to just go with it because he really needs it a lot right now. You have no idea how much you are helping him just by allowing him to show you his affection."

Mark pouted and faced the ground sadly. He started remembering about how Yuta was truly so sweet and caring towards him every single day.

Even if Mark was just not in the mood sometimes, Yuta would still try his absolute best to give him all his love.