Chapter 30: Shadow

Chapter 30: Shadow

"You're already done," Lady Storm questioned, her right eyebrow raised. As both Melody and I walked towards her with minor bruises and scratch.

"Yes, Lady Storm." Melody replied formality, only a feet away from Lady Storm who sat at her desk. She rested at white folder on the desk lightly, before looking over at me.

But I looked over to the side, where the door to leave the schoolroom was, I've felt unsure about the shadow I saw. I though it was a person but it couldn't be, the seals protecting the castle wouldn't just let a random stranger in right? I rubbed over a bruise on my elbow, with my other hand, as I closed my eyes slightly.

"Miss Summoner? What are you looking at?" Lady Storm asked a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Nothing," I stammered, looking back at her serious expression, and gulped.

"Well you've seemed on edge. Did something happen in the Recovery." Lady Storm asked, her alert eyes were on me as I stood uncomfortable in her gaze.

I shook my head slowly, "It was nothing.." I couldn't tell her about that..shadow I'm not even sure I saw that myself.

"Okay than," she turned back to Melody and spoke. "Then this conversation is over, enjoy the rest of your day."

Melody, and I nodded, as we both left through the only door of the classroom. Walking through the narrow hallway, I held my elbow with my hand and sighed.

'What's the matter?'

'Did you by any chance see something out of the ordinary...'

There was a long pause until he answered back, 'No? What did you see?'

It must have been my imagination, there no way something like that could be real without Snow knowing. He has more knowledge on this world then me. 'Oh nothing'.

We made it out of the narrow hallway, and through the actually painted walls. That's when I heard a voice, it was quiet but my ears could still pick it up. So I walked a little further until I noticed, Toxin across the hallway, entering what seemed like his room.  That's when I rushed over to him, and Melody utterly confused followed behind me still keeping a rock solid expression. Oh loosen up!

"Toxin!" I waved my hand as I made it close enough for him to notice me. He looked over at my direction, and within his bandages I could see a creased smile. He's bony arm, waved back at me, and I smiled.

"How was your mission for Recovery?" I asked, politely, I wasn't going to let my judgment take the best of me. I really wanted to be his friend, even though his different, there was no reason to dislike him for that.