Chapter 12: Toxin V.S Flare

It’s back, I’m heart started pounding fast and I was trembling in my chair. Taking deep breaths didn’t help, I was terrified. The Toxin came back, and it’s going against Flare. That’s not fair, why must he have to fight a monster. What if he gets seriously injured or even killed. What then, am I suppose to forget about him and move on. He’s a human being like me, but his being treated like a toy.

“Lady Storm”! I spoke, as I stood up from my seat. She turned her head to glare at me sharply. “It’s not fair”. I stated, looking into her glare.

“What are you say Summoner”. She questioned, crossing her arms.

“Flare has to go against something that’s not human. He won’t win”.

“Not, Human. The Human Shield and Sonic Boom aren’t human, did you not see the way they fought. Your judging people on their appearance alone will not help you in the long run”.  She proclaimed turning back, to the clear screen of where Flare and Toxin were standing.

“But” I spoke in a weak voice. What am I suppose to do watch, I can’t. I sulked down, in my chair. I don’t want to watch, but. I looked over at Lady Storm, who sat still looking at the Flare and Toxin. I have to.

“Hey don’t worry about them”. The Human Shield exclaimed, he was sitting in between me and Sonic Boom. When did he move here, that quick?

“He’s going to hurt, Flare”. I exclaimed quietly, almost to myself. He placed his hand on my shoulder, and patted it. I turned to face him and he smiled.

“Your judging people Summoner, you have no clue how strong Flare is. And Toxin is a good guy”.

Yeah, but good guy don’t look so scary like Toxin. I thought to myself, as I turned away from the Human Shield and back at the screen. I hope his right.

“Okay, Flare and Toxin you make begin”. Lady Storm announced through the microphone. As she turned it off, when she finished and stood up to take a seat in front of The Human Shield and I.

“Sonic Boom, who do you thinks going to win”? Lady asked, still facing the screen. 

“Toxin”. She replied, quickly as if they’re no other choice. Which made me more concern, there no way he’ll.

“Oh you think so. I think Flare may have a chance” Lady Storm commented. 

“Me too”. The Human Shield, sided with Lady Storm. I felt a little at ease, their support is taking away a lot of the concern. 

“But will talk about this later, there about to begin”. Lady Storm exclaimed. We all looked over at the screen, and stare intensely at it.

 Flare stood on the left, snapping his fingers. There was a spark of light, that blinked every time. Then he pulled on his gloves, and adjusted his jacket as he stood in a wide stance. Pointing one of his hands at Toxin, and the other was placed behind his back.

While Toxin was unwrapping his hands, that were covered in bandages and tossing them aside. His hands were pitch black, like the winter night sky. But they weren’t solid they gozed, a black thick liquid onto the floor when the bandages were removed. I mentally gagged, as I saw it drip, it was gross like an oil spill. He stood up straight; with he’s hand by his side.