Chapter 36: Difference of Opinion

After the laugh fest in the Main Room, we journeyed through the forest of this strange world. Leon would snicker here and there and Jeremiah would smack him on top of his head. But I was looking around the forest, it was pretty huge just like the one near the sealed trees.

Until we made it to a small village there was a gate that was made out of twigs and sticks. I raised an eyebrow, noticing the name of the village was on top of the gate. EverLast May.

As we walked through the gate of the town, the houses were made of wood and mud. They were quite messy, and seemed to be falling apart from what I could see. The crops near the farmhouse of the village were dried out, and the animals that roamed the village were skinny as heck. There must have been a shortage of food for this poor town, I frowned. When I looked forwards, Jeremiah, Leon and Melody were staring ahead their eyes looking at the same place.

What? I looked at the direction their attention was locked on, and notice a fat man. Not to be rude, but he was stand on the back of the most buff guys of the villagers. Dressed somewhat fancy clothes, as he looked down at his villager with a smug expression.

"You over there owe me 50 gold, and you 25. And don't think I've forgotten you either." He played with his diamond rings while barking at every villager in front of him.

'Who the heck is this guy'? Snow questioned. A jerk that's for sure, but I'm guessing his their mayor. 'Wow.' Snow said.

"Ready to end this nonsense." Melody adjusted her hoodie over her head.

"Of course this man already makes me sick." Leon stated, narrowing his blazed yellowish orange eyes.

"Agree." Jeremiah spoke in.

They started walking over to the mayor with their hands in their pockets, and no mercy in there eyes. I couldn't believe they could have a stone hard, expressions like. Like.

Vincent.

"Melody, Jeremiah, Leon!" I called out loudly, but soon regretted it. I wasn't suppose to call them by there real names, shoot. "I meant."

The mayor's eyes looked over at us, and so did the villager. But the expressions that we earn were what I wasn't expecting, hatred, anger and strong dislike. Each and everyone of them gave us that look like we stole their house and made them sleep on the lawn.

"What are you people doing here." The mayor spoke harshly towards us, and I flinched taking a step backwards.

"Those are the King's specialists."

"Don't you mean the devil's slaves."

"Heartless monsters just like the one they serve."