Chapter 10: Meet the Specialist

"So is this like a magical classroom. Where I learn about the supernatural race"? I asked.

"Shut up and come over to my desk". She turned away from me and I followed her to her desk.

I was just wondering, I'm not really full of joy right now. Okay.

The chalkboard was filthy, and had a bunch of scrapes. Lady Storm placed her hand underneath the chalk holder and a click sound filled the room. I covered my ears, when the loud, ear piercing clash of metal lifted. It's so loud, I can't hear myself think.

The Board moved up and a new room was shown but it looked like a battle arena. The ground was cover in cement; there were a couple of sand and dirt in between the cracks. The walls were made of metal; they were pretty cold and blue. I guess it was titanium. I could see some blocks of wood, with sacks on them. Like a scarecrow in a meadow of crops. There were also some heavy machinery of guns on the roof and holes on the lower level of the walls. Well that's unsettling?

Lady Storm took a step, forward and I followed behind her. Which was pointless, she was a short old lady. I hope that didn't sound too rude. I sighed, and we headed towards the other side of the room.

"Summoner"! A voice yelled out, I turned around and saw a sphere of heat come towards my direction. I panicked and fell backwards, placing my hands over my head. What was that? It came out of nowhere.

"Flare you need to stop horsing around".

"Sorry, I was trying to control its direction. But I guess I need to work a little harder".

I looked up to see this person, but it wasn't a stranger. I've seen him before; he was that boy with no shirt. I guess his name was Flare, but it sure does sound weird. He caught that I was staring at him and he smiled. He kneeled down next to me and I flinched.

"I didn't mean to aim at you, I'm sorry". He apologized.

"What do you mean aim me? You didn't punch me, there was a flying ball of heat coming in my direction".

"Well", he ran his fingers throw his hair "I'm a Flare Specialist. I'm still having some trouble here and there but-".

I interrupted him "a flare specialist"?

He nodded.

"What are you?" he asked.

"What are you talking about" I questioned.

"What's your specialty"?

I looked over at Lady Storm who was examining me. She sighed, and crossed her arms.

"She's new".

"Oh, will welcome to the team" he smiled, as he stood up and reached out his hand.

"Thank you". I was still confused, but it's nice to see a friendly face. I took his hand and he pulled me up. I spun around to face Lady Storm, who was gaze over in a different direction.

"Lady Storm" I exclaimed, she turned around and glared at me.

"What"! She said in a firm tone.

"Never mind". I backed away, shamefully. Until, I feel someone's hand on my back.

"Don't worry. Lady Storm is really nice. When you get to know her," He whispered.

I swayed my hand in front of his face. He blinked, and I looked at his face, he had a confused expression. He didn't seem like a bad guy, his pretty nice and all. But I shouldn't get to close. He's lip curved upward, and he made a goof smile. I placed my hand over my mouth, to hide my laughter.

"There you go, now that's a smile," he said in a cheerful tone.

"Flare, go get the other Specialists. I think the Summoner needs to learn how to be a proper Specialist," she advised, looking over her shoulder.

"Yes, Ma'am". He walked passed me. I turned around but when I did he was already gone.

Great the only person, that I didn't mind being around was gone. Just in a blink of an eye, I couldn't help but feel lonely. I had no one in this place to talk to. I want to talk to someone that could understand how I'm feeling about this crazy transition.

"Summoner, we need to enter The Observing Room". She advised, I nodded and followed behind her.

***************************

We entered the 'Observing Room' and there were about ten chairs. In front of a window, that gave us a view of what was happening outside. There was a huge circular table, with a chair in the middle. There was a microphone, with a weird ancient keyboard. That only had 20 buttons, on its flat surface. I took a sit in the last row, in the back.

I wasn't sure, what was going to happen. But I was sure I wasn't going to be up close to the chaos. That will soon take place in front of me.

Suddenly the room light dimmer, to where our source of light was from the screen window in front. I saw Flare strolling in front of the screen window; he was on the other side. I wonder if he could see me? He was companied with three other people, my eyes widen when I saw them. They all lined up in a straight row, and looked at the screen window.

There was only one girl. She had black hair with purple highlights that were tied in high ponytail. Her eyes were bright purple, and her skin was pale to the point of white. She was wearing a black hoodie with a zero in purple on the middle of her chest. The sleeves were cut and she had gloves that reached up to her elbows, with the fingers cut off. Her shorts were purple, and her sock had a pattern of white and black stripes. She wore white rubber boots with a sliver chain, dangling on the edge.

She had an 'I could care less look' on her face, she seemed to be the shortest of the others.

The African American next to her had black hair that was nicely trimmed. Just like Flare, he didn't have a shirt. Why? Do guy's in this world, don't have time to put tops on? Because I was raised to never leave the house without my clothes. Pure common sense! He's body was well built; he must be in great shape for him to be full of muscle. He had blue shorts that reached up to his knee. The stitches, on the sides were loose, but not visible. He was wearing some flip-flops, and he seemed pretty much like an average lifeguard.

But there was one of them that I just couldn't look at. He was next to Flare and I was shock that he didn't seem fazed by the 'thing' standing next to him.

The thing had cream-colored bandages wrapped around it. Like some kind of mummy, but you could still see his eyes. They were neon green that covered up his whole pupil. The white area of his eyes were gray, it scared me. He was so boney, like he hadn't eaten in days. He's poser was bad because he leaned forward, like a hunchback.

I didn't want to see this anymore, what is a monster doing around this people. He's not stable, or fit to be around them.

"Summoner, come sit in the front" Lady Storm exclaimed .

I stood up, and slowly walked up to the front. Taking the closest sit to Lady Storm, these are her student's right? If they go out of control, she can stop them. Right?