Chapter 54: The Chao's on the Second Floor

Lady Coven POV

The explosion was mighty, as I flew backwards, only to land perfectly in line in my post. Isabelle, I murmured to myself, knowing the risk she took to keep Lady Sia and the villagers at bay. The staircase was destroyed; rubbles covered the both sides, making it impossible with normal strength to come through.

"Lady Coven was that..." A voice spoke from behind me, I turned around slightly, to see Flare. His eyes filled with concern, and his breathing slightly unsteady, he must of ran from his post here. Was he that worried, of course he would even though it wasn't Adelaide.

"Isabelle self destructed, " I looked away from him, and back at the blocked staircase. "That's all I know but I'm not sensing any life from downstairs, beside Melody and Sir Ark."

"Can I go then, check if there okay what if they need medical help." He asked, keeping his emotion in check, unlike a person I know.

"No, that would leave your post open for the enemy. Our first mission it to keep the King safe from those savages, you do understand that Leon." I proclaimed, crossing my arms behind my back as I exhaled calmly.

"Yes, Lady Coven," he answered with no hesitation, or hurry. Just like expected.

"Now go back to your post and inform Lady Storm on your way." I ordered, and with that the young fire mage, swiftly turned around and ran through the hallway.

I closed my aqua green eyes, slowing my breathing so I can hear the whispers of despair, where is she. Did the explosion kill her, no, she's not that easily killed. I would know, King Hellsing's parent had a hard time just simple.

An uncomfortable chill coursed through my spine, and my eyes flung opened to see the wide grin of the woman in black. Her white hair swayed behind her as she took small steps towards me, barefooted like an animal. She reached out her hand in my direction, and I quickly widen my stance to keep my ground, our eyes came in contact.

But I wasn't the one she wanted to brawl, "Aesc keep her company I have a King to hunt."

Kanshin POV

What the hell is this? A man to the point of death, no overkilled, was crawling towards me, his jaw dislocated and dragging a strand of saliva on the ground. His words were nothing but painful groans and loud howls, to my luck there was 5 of them.

"Kanshin!" Adelaide called out nervous, with her hands gripping the simple sword's handle as she looked over at my direction.

Of course she was shaking like a leaf on a tree, from the sudden explosion that took place, every CAT knows the sound of that. It wasn't a bomb, one of the men reached out for my ankle, and I stepped on his hand kneeling down to pick up his body when I tried to lurch forward. I toss the body towards him, pulling out my sword.

I swirled around and thrust the blade through their backs, watching the drips of blood roll down the blade. Quick I pulled it out, and slashed upwards at another attacker, squatting down to chop his thigh clean off to where he fell to the floor. They're not innocent, nor do they have morals, they've been touched with despair. From the glowing purple outline over there dead bodies.

As they all lay motionless on the ground I turned around to look at Adelaide her hands covering her mouth, she was muttering something under her breath but I couldn't hear it clear enough. "Adelaide, calm down, you've seen me kill before," was she having a panic attack.