Chapter 13: Breakfast Gone Cold

I woke up back in my room. Confused; how did I get back here? Wasn’t I in the Training Ground, with Lady Storm? I placed my hand on my forehead, and a throbbing pain came along with it. Why does my head hurt so much, I couldn’t even open my eyes without irrigating my headache.

I need to find Lady Storm maybe she can tell me what happened. Or at least clear it up, I worry if they have medicine in this world? 

“Miss Valley”. A voice called, from behind my door, with two soft knocks. “Are you going to eat breakfast with the Specialist or shall I bring your meal”. 

Simon? Wait, its morning! I jumped off my bed, and walked towards the door. There’s no way, I slept a day away! I pulled on the door handle, and cracked it open.

“Simon”? He was standing in front of the door, with his piercing yellow eyes staring back at me. He kept his hands behind his back, with a poser as straight as a ruler.

“Miss Valley”?

“Oh, sorry. Yeah I’ll join the Specialist”. I replied, opening the door wider, as I slipped out and closed the door behind me. 

“Are you going out like that”? He question, in a plain but moodless tone. 

“Yeah, I guess”? I looked down at myself, and saw I was wearing a light, sky blue gown. That reached to my feet, with spaghetti strap that hung over my shoulders. Eh, I’ve had worst day. “It’s just breakfast, right”?

He didn’t responded, he only sighed with discomfort. And turned his attention to my door, and grabbed the door knob. But didn’t enter until he said, “I’ll be cleaning your room, as your out”.

I nodded, without knowing what to say has he entered my room. And there was a click, as the door shut.

Okay, now where’s the Kitchen in this Castle. I turned slightly, to my right and there was only a long hallway with doors, on the side. So I turned, to my left, and started strolling down the hallways. Examining the wall’s design and the pictures they hold.

But, I couldn’t help but feel like I was missing something? I could feel the cold pendant around my neck, as it laid on my skin. I touched it with my thumbs, as I felt the carvings on the side. 

Suddenly, there was a pulse the spread through my body. My eyes widen in fear when I took a breath of air, and released white puff of air. I wrapped my arms around myself when I felt a weird cold sensation. Not a simple breeze, but my body being consumed in snow, its was so cold. 

I couldn’t walk anymore, I just couldn’t move as I staggered from side to side. Until I hit a wall, and slide down on my knees, leaning on the wall. As my vision began to blur, why is this happening I just wasn’t to go home. And I mean home, not this castle, I want to be with my friends and family.

Human girl, why are you giving up….Like a weak human, are you weak…

Who are you, I winced to myself. My throat was dry, to even say anything. But I forced myself to stay awake; I can’t trust what’s going to happen next?

Snow….And you are?

Dell, Dell Valley. 

Well Dell you shouldn’t have summoned….