Chapter 20: Recovery

The room was brightly lit from the light coursing through the horizontal windows. As the warmth felled the room, dancing joyfully around the wooden drawers, and curtains. I sat in my bed, holding the extremely soft yet silky blanket over my lower body. My back was pressed against the plushy cream-colored pillows as I was left with my thoughts. 

I gripped the blanket tightly in my weak, hands. My arms and legs were wrapped in bandages, with a green substance covering all my bone crushing wounds. I knew I wouldn't be able to move freely for a while because of my shattered femurs. The pain from my injuries comes and goes, to the point I pass out. 

But, I still remember every detail from the fight. From the shocking beginning to the dreadful end. I knew the King didn't like me, nothing was to make of that obvious fact. Lady Storm, could careless if I were to live or die, who would want to teach a ignorant girl like me. Someone who would only cause more trouble then its needed.

Doctor Ciel, I didn't really know him nor did he know me. But he knew what he did to me, and still didn't help. I was a experiment in his purple eyes, nothing more. I'm probably his third or fourth test subject, that he used for his testing. He could be manic, or coldhearted saint from hell. But this world still sees him as a loyal doctor. 

There was throbbing pain on my upper back, and I winced, holding in the urge to cry out. I shall not, I told myself as I wrapped my arms around body. Moving side to side, as the pain slowly creped away. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes half way. 

But I thought- I paused, as I heard the sweet chirps of birds from my window. That Leon and Jeremiah were different, why would they just leave me. They didn't say a word, or act in anyway to save me. Their eyes of guilt were all I saw, but their actions spoke louder than anyone else. He punched me here, I poked my cheek that was still bruised, and my stomach. I hissed at the pain that came after. 

But Leon, he burned me, no hesitation.

Were we really friends, or was I just thinking too much about making new friends in this hellhole. Without actually taking the time to know what they are capable of doing. I could scratch trying to kill a friend off the list. 

Dell, we would never lie to you.

I could feel my cheeks burning, as the though of them lying to me. Why would they say such a thing, do they really what to hurt me. Because I'm not in enough physical pain for them to be satisfied. I'm I just a toy in this world to everyone, I keep trying to stand up but there knocking me down. I can't do this anymore, I just. 

There was a knock on my door, I raised my head slowly trying not to increase the pain I feel anymore. I couldn't speak, my voice was fine but my mentality wasn't, so I kept quiet. Nevertheless, the door opened slowly, with Isabelle and Simon entering. I stared at them broken, but their gaze didn't change.

I didn't care. And neither did they.

They came toward my either side of my bed, and kneel down lower there head to the ground. But I didn't give them any of my attention, I kept my eyes on the door. Until I felt small hands touch mine gentle, I flinched but winced at the pain from my spine.

"Ms. Valley, is there anything you need". Simon asked, raising his head to only see the side of my face. I gave him no response, I just wanted to be alone. 

"Ms. Valley". I felt another hand touch me, and I moved my gaze to Simon. He was staring at me, with an blank expression, still waiting for my answer. I gulped, closing my eyes to responded to his question. 

"I want to be alone right now". I said weakly, mumbling my words. Simon nodded, and he releases my hand as he stood up, Isabelle came over to the side Simon was at and stared. Her piercing yellow eyes, to my dull lifeless green ones. 

"Were sorry for bothering you Ms. Valley". Isabelle bowed, before leaving the room with Simon following behind her.

I rose my hands to my face, and cried. Cried with whatever life I still had left.