Chapter 44:Midnight Snack

Chapter 44: Midnight Snack

I was in bed, tumbling and turning around with so much anxiety, I couldn't even sleep for a solid 3 hours without waking up. Just want to sleep, I groaned into the empty room where only a candlelight lit my room. I pressed my head into the plush pillow of my bed, muttering into as it calmed my energy.

Snow.

What?

When can I do the lesson again, I think I have it. I proclaimed, turning to my side.

You don't, I know you don't.

I scoffed, brushing a bunch of loose strand of red hair from my face. How do you know?

I just do.

Whatever, I sat up on my bed, and grabbed the candle from my nightstand, as I walked through my room and out the door. Meeting inside the hallway it was dark, there was no light but the candle in my hand.

What are you doing?

I can't sleep so I'm going to grab a snack in the kitchen. I stated, while mincing through the hallways making each step careful. Falling down in the middle of the night, yeah wasn't something I was planning to do. So I placed a hand on the wall and felt my way through until I made it to the Grand Staircase, walking down stairs, with a small bounce in my step.

I don't think its safe to do this...

You don't think anything is safe. I stopped at the last step, and waved my candle over to the distance. Some guy lost his hand over there, and was dragged there. I proclaimed, it must of kept him quiet because I didn't hear a word after. I made it to a huge arch in the hallway.

The kitchen, I thought, moving my candle closer so I could be inside of the place better, but it was paint. I squinted my eyes, the same painting because everyone in it was in the same position.

If the blonde one is Vincent, when he was a kid then who are the two adults and the other kid with the black hair. I stared questionable at the people, sharply trying to be the truth behind the picture.

Don't you think there the parents and that's there two sons. Snow concluded, and I blinked, it was possible but where are they. The parents, why would they let there kid, Vincent do such a thing. Any parent would be disappointed in this monster, I snorted. Glancing back at the painting, who's the black haired.

I thought you were hungry Dell.

I am, but my eyes looked towards the arch, never mind.

Then the quicker you find the kitchen the faster you're in your room, to the safest place in this castle.

I nodded, and started to walk away from the paint, wrapping my arms around myself loosely, as I held the candle to see my way. When I made it through the arch, there was a large kitchen with 3 fridge, many cabinets, ovens, and stove. So the kitchen isn't all that's weird, reaching out my hand to place the candle on the counter. I minced to the cabinets above the stove, looking for another to snack on.

It would be crazy to think they have some Pop-Tarts, right?

What is that?

Yep. I sighed softly, looking through the abnormal ingredients in the cabinet, it was too dark to see from here. So I turned around slowly to see a black figure, and my heart dropped in fear. Tugging off the door of the handle, I toss it at the figure but it jumped over it and tackled me to the ground.

Its small hands punched my cheeks with each swing, holding my breath; I grabbed its hair and kneed it in the chest. Before switching the position, I saddle the figure, while grabbing its collar as I stood to my feet. The candles light flickered only giving me a glimpse of his face, and my emerald eyes widen went it was.

"Kanshin?"

"Summoner, what is wrong with you! I would of killed you, what are you doing so late." He snapped, he looked different from the other day. He's hair was braid back, it was loosely free, looking way more feminine. He looked cute.

"I just wanted a snack, nothing else."

"You attacked me Summoner!" He snapped again, and I let go of his collar without even knowing I was still holding it.

"Sorry about that, I thought you were someone else."

"Yeah, Whatever." I tilted my head to the side, a little confused.

The frustrated cat, walked over to the counter with the exposed doorframe, to pull out a jar of honey? I blinked my green eyes at him, as he started to prepare a snack. Using two slices of bread, that were brown, weird, and smeared honey on the top of it. When Kanshin was done he put them on a plate.

"That looks good," I commented with an innocent smile.

He shrugged his shoulder; his cat eyes looked at the plate then me. "Its not for you.." He stated, and I frowned.

"Aw really, I don't know what's, what in this kitchen." I confessed, and he didn't even care he just sway his tail from the floor to his hip.

"So, your not the person I'm caring for." He proclaimed, with a matter of fact tone.

I puffed my cheeks at him, and he sighed, scratched the back of his head. There was silent in the dark, only candle lit kitchen when I spoke again, this time about a different subject matter.

I placed the palms of my hands on the counter, and jumped up just enough to seat on the flat surface. With a huff, I looked down at Kanshin.

"Can I ask you something.."

"I'm not going to cook you snack.."

"No, not that," even though my stomach was little hungry.

"Then what, I need to deliver this to Melody."

"You've been around the castle, right."

"Of course, I clean, cook, bath I'm not lazy like you."

Pretending I didn't hear that, "So you know about the painting in the hallway with the mother, father, and two sons."

He hesitantly nods, in reply but not a smart remark. "Who are those people, one of them looks like the King." Making sure that his name doesn't slip from my mouth, again.

" It was an old picture," he started to walk over to the entrance of the kitchen his steps were slow. "Of the Kings family the woman, his mother, the man, his father, and the boy. His older brother."

"Where are they now?" This question as been bugging me since I've seen it, they wouldn't have let there devil of a son act this way. Cruel to the innocent, and heartless to the weak.

"There gone." He simply, replies.

"Gone? As in left or deceased," I interrupted but he didn't counter them instead he left the place entirely.

"Kanshin," I called out, but he didn't come back, and I knew the answer wasn't going to come as easy as the first.