2.4

G DOES NOT HAVE HER SHIT TOGETHER, BUT THIS IS AFTER SHE LOSES HER SHIT

I dressed differently today.
I acted differently today.
I felt different today.

I wore leggings and a white and black striped tee, something I would never wear to school. Always a jumper or a nice dress. Every day.

Today I felt almost reborn, I felt like a new person. My secret was out, and I had no support. I had only spoken to Jack maybe 4 or 5 times all throughout the day- which is like nothing for us.

Luke and I had made eye contact at least 239 times during the day. He never smiled, just gave me a blank stare. How can he pretend I don't exist so fast? I'm still crying inside.

Now I'm laying in my bed, trying to fall asleep.

8:34 PM

'From: GAY JACK BLACK

Hey babes, get some sleep. If you want, I'll bring you some comfort food and I'll be your pretend Luke for the night. I'm just a call away. '

I smiled, the first time I smiled all day. I texted him a quick 'be here in 20 mins' and put my phone down. I closed my eyes, dreaming of a future with Luke.

+++

"Goodmorning, Mrs. Hemmings," Luke wakes me up, a wide smile on his face. Fourth day of our honeymoon and things were going so well.

"Goodmorning, Mr. Hemmings. I love you, husband." I say with a smile while rubbing my eyes.

"Gross, brush your teeth, Wifey. I love you too," he giggles to himself, making me laugh as well. He takes the covers off and picks me up under my knees and under my back. He carries me to the bathroom and sets me down, so I can brush my teeth.

"This way, I can kiss you and not have to deal with morning breath," he says with such a wide smile. He looks so proud of himself.

I brush my teeth as he walks into the kitchen, we were staying in an island near Costa Rica. (I just made this up lmao go with it.) It was just the two of us here, no one else. I could walk around naked and only Luke would see me.

I finish brushing my teeth and walk up behind Luke, who was flipping pancakes at the moment. I hugged him from behind, resting my head on his back.

"I love you, baby boy," I say, smiling as he sways back and forth to the rhythms of old Blink songs playing from somewhere in the house.

"And I love you, baby girl. I'm so glad you're my wife."

+++

"GRACE!" My eyes shoot open and I squeal, Jack standing in front of my face with multiple items in a plastic bag. I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes as he laughs at me.

"You look like a mess, what happened?" He asked, sitting at the edge of my bed. He started unloading the bag as I gathered my thoughts.

"Luke and I broke up last night," it hurt so much saying that. My body felt like it's been ripped apart.

"Why?" Jack asked, stopping his unloading and putting his full attention on me.

"I can't handle people like Brooke talk about us, I can't handle the attention. I told him I would try, but he got pissed at me and we broke up," I said, getting all worked up. My breathing started getting faster, my heart started to beat like a drum.

"Calm down, Grace. You know you can handle it you dumbass. It's Luke Hemmimgs, what are you so scared of?" Jack asks, rolling his eyes.

"Not being what he wants."

"I wasn't what Calum wants, and he's not what I want. We have like, 2 days left of our senior year and you'll never have to see Luke again, okay? Stop moping around," he demanded, laying next to me and turning on my TV. A random show was playing, and I shut my eyes. I miss Luke.