2.9

BEFORE GRADUATION

I stood in my room, my dress hugging my body at several places. I smiled at my reflection, I look great. I am so ready to fucking own graduation. I strapped up my yellow heels and walked outside my door, being greeted by my parents running around frantically.

"Grace! Oh my Lord, you look wonderful," my mother shrieks. I pass her and walk down the stairs, going straight to the kitchen. I grab a piece of cold pizza and eat it quickly, trying not to get it on my dress.

"Grace, no! You can't eat like that! You're in your nice graduation dress," she whispers, upset. I shrug and continue to eat the pizza.

I don't get anything on me, which I thank God for. I re-brush my teeth and then re-apply lip gloss, and we were ready to go. My mother in a nice pink dress, and my dad in a suit. My cap and gown were at the ceremony.

We get there in ten minutes time, and I walk straight to the back. In an hour I'll be graduated from high school. Wait- my speech! I forgot my speech at home!

I call my mom quickly.

"Mom? I forgot my Valedictorian speech at home."

"Grace, you're so irresponsible. You better hope I get it to you in time or you're screwed."

"Thank you, love you!"

I changed into my gown and placed the cap on my head securely. The blue matches my yellow shoes and dress which I'm extremely thankful for.

"Hey, baby," Luke comes up behind me and kisses my cheek.

"Hi, Luke," I turn around and peck his lips. He was dressed in his nice jeans he had worn the other night and a white button up. His shoes looked so nice on him as well, Wingtip's were my ultimate favorite.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me, holding my hand. I nodded, and he kissed my forehead. "Well, don't be. You'll do amazing, and I'll be right by your side. Til 3005."

I laughed at his reference and kissed him again, getting in line to walk up. "Lancaster comma Grace?"

I raised my hand and was placed in line. "You have your speech?" My principal asked.

"My moms bringing it," I replied and he rolled his eyes. Well.

"Grace! Grace!" My mom calls and hands me my speech on the wrinkled paper. I kiss her cheek and stick it in my bra successfully.

I walk up on stage and sit down in the chairs, Luke almost directly in front of me. I was sat next to a kid named Chris on my left, and a kid named Tom on my right. They both kept looking at each other and winking. Gross.

I'm not even listening to the words being spoken, I'm half asleep waiting for it to be over. I'm ready to say my speech and go home and sleep.

"And now we have Grace Lancaster, our Valedictorian, to give a speech," my principal announced. I pull the speech out of my bra before I walk up there- priorities.

"It's not easy being a Valedictorian, but it's also not easy being dealing with the fact that Zayn left One Direction...."

-

"Congratulations! Oh my goodness I am so proud of you, you're growing up so fast," my aunt goes on and on about how I'm the perfect niece and the perfect student and blah blah blah.

All I can think about is where Luke is and that I just want to kiss him. That's all I want.

"Let's go home," my dad smiles and my family agrees. Three cheers for family parties!