The Beginning Before the Beginning

Kat POV

I had heard my little cousin, Sam, was selling some of his grandfather's things for money to be able to get a car. I could understand that, I hadn't been in the family for long, but it wasn't hard to know that Uncle Ron was a cheapskate when it came to giving people things. I was going to drive past their house on my way home from college, since I went to one in the area, so I thought I would drop by and buy one of the objects off of him.
He seemed excited that he was finally able to get the rest of the money that he needed, even if it meant selling something to a family member. "So, how much are you selling the glasses for?," I asked, honestly they seemed to be the only interesting thing. It looked like they had something engraved on them, little crystalis symbols almost. 
"I'll let you buy them for $200," he said with a smile.
"Okay, $200 dollars it is. Man these will probably be the most expensive glasses I have ever bought. Even more expensive than my own," I laughed a small bit, pushing my glasses back into place.
I pulled the money out and handed it to him. Luckily, I had already paid for my bills this month and had gone grocery shopping the day before.
"Well, I'm giving them to you cheaply, because you are a college student," he said, handing the glasses to me with a laugh. I took the glasses and put them in my hoodies' pocket. I then leaned over and grabbed his head and gave him a noogie.
"Yeah, let's skip the fact that I am also your family, we may not be related by blood, but you're my little cousin still," I said with laughter, as he cried out. I let him go and we sat there and laughed for a second.
"So how is your little project coming along? You're almost about to graduate highschool. Just one more year. Man, I remember when you were in middle school and swore you would grow taller than me, before running back to your parents," I teased. 
"It's coming along great, and really that is the first memory you have of me," he pouted.
"Yep, little middle school Sam running up to the new person in the family, who was a girl and was taller than him, yelling 'you can't always pick on me, someday I will be taller than you.' Only to quickly turn around and run back to your parents," I said with a small teasing jest, "You got a few more years to do that, and they don't seem to be coming."
"Yeah, yeah, I did that cause you asked who the shorty was, also there isn't much difference left between our heights," he said, clearly done with my teasing.
"I call everyone who is smaller and younger than me shorty. It's a habit that won't go away. Also I'm holding those few centimeters above your head for as long as it pisses you off," I joked with a smile as I stood up, noticing that the sun was getting close to setting. I looked towards him and smiled, "well, it's getting dark, and I need to start heading home." I ruffled his hair as I left the room.
"Hey," he shouted and followed after me.
"Oh, are you going home already?," Aunt Judy asked, as I raced down the stairs with Sam following after.
"Yeah, I need to head back before the sun goes down," I said, flashing a smile.
"Well, here take this," Aunt Judy said as she packed me some dinner in a tupperware box.
"Oh, you don't have to do that, Aunt Judy," I said, trying to reassure her that I have food at home.
"No, take it cause then I will truly know that you have something to eat tonight. Eat it with joy, cause it was made with love," she said as she handed me the box and then drew a heart with her fingers. I laughed a small bit, but nodded.
"Okay, I'll take the box home, if that is what will make you sleep peacefully tonight," I commented, as I rolled my eyes. I head towards the door, passing Uncle Ron on the couch watching TV.
"Good night Uncle Ron," I said as I reached for the door. I heard him mumble, "good night, Kat," as I exited the door. I walked over to the car I had since highschool, and slid in putting the tupperware box in the passenger seat, as I quickly buckled my seat belt. I sighed, pulling the glasses out of the pocket I had put them in and placing them on top of the tupperware box.
"I guess it is time to go home, and be greeted by my babies," I chuckled, as I started the car and drove home.