Chapter 8

Zoey and I had come back from getting our hair and nails done

Zoey and I had come back from getting our hair and nails done. We had already got lunch and we were headed home.

As we enter the house it was just me and her. Roman had told me how some of the other moms were bitter and called me a gold digger. I got my phone to text Roman.

                ROMAN 😩

Me: Wish me luck for tonight

Roman: You don't need luck Angel and if they try you call me. They are just mad they can't style themself like you. They look like trash bags and shit.

Me: Roman please, you're right they definitely don't have more style than me

Roman: Have fun and send me pictures of both

  ***Mommy and daughters dance ********

As we enter Zoey's school for the dance we stop at the doorway to check if anything needs fixing

"Mommy Zee you look so beautiful," Zoey said beaming with her teeth all on display revealing her soft dimple.

"Thanks, baby you look so beautiful too," I said kissing her on her cheek.

An hour passed by me just having fun with Zoey and her friend while the other grown mothers talked to each other about where the snacks and sweets were.

"Yeah I don't understand how he can go with someone like that," one of the moms said talking loudly.

"Yes, he's so handsome to be with someone like that." Another mom said while another one joins in.

"Yes poor baby thinking she found a stepmom, she just with him for money."

I look down to see Zoey was also hearing it and her demeanor changed.

I walk up to Zoey who was more close to the moms that's was talking loud. I hold her hand as we both walk up to the mom.

This shit ends today. Their so disrespectful and disgusting to down play a child and talk loudly enough for her to hear.