Chapter 28

POV: Jessica Tennant

I started packing to leave the house because I didn't know what Roman would've done to me if I stayed.

"Hey Jessica I'm going to have Rob take you home so no one thinks you ran away," He says with his right hand on my shoulder. I was going to miss this man, maybe in another life we would've had more time and met on different terms. 

I got in the car as  Rob drove me off to my cover house.
My phone died and I was moving fast I didn't have time to notify my boss of what had been happening.

I land at the apartment as I get out of the car and rob takes my suitcase upstairs with me as I open the door and put the suitcase down I feel a heavy kick on my back causing me to fall.

"Sorry Jessica you were nice," Rob says pointing a silencer at me. Before I can even do anything I  look around to see if I can use anything as a weapon while the gun was still pointed at me.

Before I can even get up I see nothing but a memory of my father comes to mind as I feel the heat of a  bullet hit my heart.

"Did you order the food I wanted?" I asked Rob speaking  in code over the phone

"Yup I got it just the way you asked and I made sure the food was clean I know how you don't like your food all over the place." He says over the phone.

"Was the line long?" I asked.

"No, the line wasn't long it wasn't many people in there Before other people came," he says.

"But I'm late to pick up Zara's befriend," Rob says.

"Donnie was coming to town?" I asked.

"Yeah, she wanted to surprise Zara," Rob said.

"Ooh okay just make sure to get here it's late I can go pick her up if you want?" I asked.

"No it's okay I'm already on my way to your family restaurant," he says.

"She isn't at the airport?" I asked confused on how she ended up at the family restaurant.

"No she landed 3 hours ago but I got carried away with your take-out order." He says.

We say goodbye as I make it to my room but not before saying goodnight to Zoey she was sleeping waiting for her Uncle to make it back home.

Damien was going to stay with us for a while since he was back home he started living back at our house around the same time I and the girls left.

He was a hired assassin who was known for killing in the underground so that usually caused him to leave home for a while depending on how long some of his targets took to kill. If they were high-class people he had to kill it took so long because he had to find a way to get comfortable with the people he was going to kill he had to force himself to be a part of their life.

I enter my room to see Kiya already sleep on my bed she was soo cute but lately she have this tablet she takes everywhere and it was starting to get on my nerves, she had been watching this annoying fat pig with a British accent.

I enter my room balcony to take in the backyard view of the outside pool and the garden we had and the tennis court we had  but never used I had the best view of the house I saw the night light of the city we were in the middle of nowhere but all the trees were refreshing to see.

I got in my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed up as I got dressed I sat at the end of my bed as I think about everything I just did I had Jessica killed and I didn't want to do that but I had to put my family first.

I got in bed as I lay there thinking about what's my next steps. I had to put  my family first looking at Kiya gave me all the answers I needed, I placed my hand over her nose to make she was breathing. I softly smiled just by looking at the cute little evil monster sleeping next to me without a care in the world. 

I  think about their upbring all the time, I'm I raising them up right? question keep me up at night and so have my mother. She didn't deserved what happened to her. My sweet mother a woman full of happiness and joy. A mother full of culture and tradition ethic morals.

I also had to apologize to how mean I have been to Zara.  I've been pushing her away and I'm just scared that she'll realize there someone better for her.

I didn't deserve her and I was selfish to bring her into my world by taking her away from her family, I never deserved her kindness and love and it hurt me knowing that.

A/N

I knew some of y'all happy she died or did she.........

I'm playing she died I liked Jessica's character but I'm happy to write her off now we get to get to some deep shit in the book and I can't wait.