Chapter 34

"You can't just kill everyone because you don't like their answers," I scream at Damien and Sevin

"Why not," they say in sync.

"Because we aren't getting nowhere we don't know who's stealing money from our club or why  their taking shots at our family," I say looking at the two sociopaths as Sevin plays with her knife.

"The streets are speaking they're saying it's a bullet with your name out there waiting for you," Damien says looking at me with his cold gray eyes.

"Keep my name out there mouths," I say in a serious angry tone.

I sigh "Sevin what's the update with the club?" I ask as she puts her knife away.

"It's still the same Roman as you ask yesterday at the office when you yelled at me," she says with an attitude.

"Well, I yelled because you've been working undercover for two weeks and you haven't gotten much information," I say raising my voice.

"Sorry, not my fault I'm around beautiful woman with fat asses and Handsome men throwing money," Sevin say as she raises her voice as well.

I smack the desk in anger "yes it's your fault because you not doing your fucking job," I say yelling as I get up my from my chair.

"Ohh it's like that okay, why don't you start shaking your ass for information then maybe you might have better luck then me," Sevin say as she yelled walking out the room and slamming my door.

"Hey Roman she trying just like the rest of us," Damien says getting up as he walks out of the office.

I stay in the office to sign papers, as I walk into the meeting room my office was holding a meeting this week so I was too busy at work.

"Is this all?" I asked picking up the box of cocaine. 

"Yes, boss," One of the men said.

"And the guns?" I ask

"Coming we got a new shipment coming in two days," Rob says walking up to me taking the box of Cocaine out of my hand.

"What about the pills?" I ask.

"They were delivered safely, our people are already selling in France as we speak," Rob says as we walk out of the warehouse.

"You okay man?" Rob asks placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah man, you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think," Rob says as we both laugh.

 Rob I and went our different ways Rob went back home while I headed back to the office again.

Lately, I have been taking pills to help me coop with everything, I don't even sleep anymore and I'm taking more pills than I'm proscribed. I feel like I'm the reason why my family has been in pain lately, I keep wondering who is next to get killed in my family I can't lose anybody anymore.

I'm trying to fight for my kids and Zara but my past and all the people I killed and who I was, were catching up to me I was starting to face my new reality. I have this empty feeling inside me that I can't get rid of for the longest and it hurts me knowing I'm the reason any of my loved ones can be a target at any moment.

 Zara feels like they can't go anywhere because the house has everything. The house has a greenhouse for vegetables and fruits, we have a large park in the back yard, we have an indoor and outdoor pool, and we have a personal Doctor. We have everything at home I don't understand why they want to leave home. That was her way of calling me out on my fear, my new reality was living in fear not for me but for them.

It was passed dinner as I made my way home, I walked upstairs as I remove my tie, and enter the girl's room I kiss all of them goodnight they were all bad sleepers.

After taking a shower I enter the bathroom room again I couldn't sleep I never did sleep much. As I look at myself in the mirror contemplating if I should take more pills.  This was a moment of weakness and I need to fight it I open the bill bottle and flushed them down the drain.

If I was going to get through this I was going to get through this clear-headed. I can't afford to be selfish at a time my family needs me. 

As lay in my bed in the dark room, I hear Kiya crying and someone knocking on my door.

I get up to open it I see a sleepy Zara and a crying Kiya in her hands.

"I think she missed you," Zara say passing me baby Kiya who stopped crying when I picked her up.

Kiya's head was buried between the crook of my neck neck.  As I rock her in my arms  she fells asleep. While I rock her I can't take my eyes off Zara she was wearing this matching two-piece peach color satin short shorts and Bralette as her natural coils and curly hairs were in a ponytail I'm assuming her scarf felled off while sleeping.

"Goodnight Roman," Zara says trying not to look up at me.

"Can we stop this Zara... I'm sorry for saying I don't care what you do because the truth is I care about everything you do, I can't keep my eyes off you, or how when I'm around you I feel like I can't speak to you because I feel like I might say something stupid, or how I get excited to see you and the girls every second of the day, Zara you stay on my mind your always on my mind and for me to say I don't care was very weak of me, and I only pushed you away because I was scared of losing you and how I I'm living in fear and that what my enemy what's me to do," I say as I grab a hold of her hand.

"You don't just say jump and I asked how high. you really hurt my feeling when you did that,  they may not be my kind but this isn't just a job to me it was before, But i look at Kiya and Zoey everyday and I ask my self what wouldn't I do for these girls." She looks up at me and smile.

"I wanted to stay mad at you forever but that's not me, Roman life is too short to be mad for a long time trust me I learned that the hard way," Zara says her eyes soften.

"Zara I just want this.. you, me, and the girls that all I need to keep breathing every day, please forgive me?" I ask the beautiful woman who's smiling ear to ear.

"See that wasn't so hard just telling me how you feel...of course, I forgive you," Zara as she wraps her arms around me and baby Kiya who is still asleep on my shoulders. I hugged her tight not wanting to let go this is what I need. I needed her to make everything better and needed her hugs I craved her smile and love.

"Roman you hurting me," Zara says as her voice sounds out of breath.

"I'm so sorry baby," I say letting go of the hug as I stroke her cheek.

A/N

Who happy we got our Zaman (Zara and Roman) back I missed them.