Chapter 44

Pov: Roman Rossi

I felt my heart drop while I was at the home gym working out when  I get the call from Rob.

"Wait slow done what happened?" I ask again as my brain froze up not accepting the Information I was given.

"Roman I'm sorry.. but Zara was hit and kidnapped... I'm at the place of the scene now but Donnie is bleeding from the side of her head they hit her with a gun and she can't stop screaming... Roman Zara is pregnant." Rob says as I feel my heart stop beating, I slowly feel my breathing increasing.

"W...what-what pregnant?" I ask again as I quickly run out of the gym room to my car I start the car in a rush.

"Yes, Roman she is pregnant... Donnie told me they just came from an appointment with a doctor.. she's gone... we'll find her trust me," Rob says trying to stay calm as well.

I drive over as I run past red lights not caring, all I can think about is how this was my fault I was sheltering her that she didn't even feel safe asking me to go.

Trying to stay out of my head and not break down... I call Damien and Sevin over.

I ran out my car to the warehouse as I see Donnie in shock I try comforting her but she was lost in her mind.

My siblings and Rob use the warehouse camera to heck the surveillance camera's at the hospital.

"Okay Sevin trace the plates, Damien and Rob go back and ask around for different angles I'll take Donnie back home and check in a few," I say demanding them.

The car ride with Donnie was quiet. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry I'm was about to cross the street and they just.." Donnie says crying trying to catch her breath. Her hands were shaking. I felt like breaking down this wasn't her fault.

"Hey it's going to be okay, I knew she going to need us strong for when get her back," I say as I stop the car. I open the door for her as I help her up the stairs into the house.

As I enter my bathroom I start the shower letting the cold water hit my body, I run my hands through my wet hair, and I lean my head back so the cold water hits my face. Trying to breathe I start to cry in the water.

The thought of losing Zara was the last thing I wanted to think about, how will our kids react to this I just got her time was so unfair sometimes, all I can think about was how this was my revenge for life. This was my past taking someone from me again.. after all the people I killed taking their love ones  this was my reckoning.

                                                                                                 ***

"Good morning daddy," Zoey says coming down the steps Donnie went to dress them up she wanted to focus on something else.

"Good morning princess," I said kissing her forehead.

"Mama," Kiya said looking around crying as she don't see Zara. I see my father walks in as he picks Kiya up she stops crying right away.

"I'm sorry Mr.Rossi I try to stop them," one of the house cleaners said in a scared tone. As we all look around confused.

"Abbiamo un mandato per il tuo arrest... Roman Rossi Sei agli arresti per l'omicidio dell'agente speciale dell'FBI Jessica Tennant." A lady in a suit says walking Up to me with a paper as many guards in uniform around her with guns approach me.
(We have a warrant for your arrest...Roman Rossi, You're Under arrest for the murder of special FBI agent Jessica Tennant )

I see a furious face on my father approaching me with confusion as two of the men in uniform slam me down on the ground. I hear Zoey start screaming as Kiya cries.

"Noo daddy," Zoey says trying to run to me as Donnie holds her back. My face hit the cold floor as they put me in cuffs and pull me up.

"I'm going to be okay Zoey take care of your sister okay, I love you be strong OKOYE," I said looking up to her as I remain calm for my kids. 

Time has passed since I got arrested and I been through processing. As I sit in my cell I can't stop crying, my kids just lost there father today and their mother has been kidnaped god knows where and I can't do nothing about it. I'm so weak my Zara is gone and I can't stop thinking of all the things that can happen to her, what if she scared or hungry what if she's hurt or touched in anyways.

My kids just seen me get arrested, the last thing I ever wanted them to see. Everyone around me always gets hurt they are innocent in my line of work. I was going to be the reason why nobody lives a happy life all I did was cause hurt and bring death and sadness. She is now pregnant with our baby I knew she was thinking I'm a disappointment after all that what all the men in her life ever did and now I was one of them.

                                                                                ***

I woke up to hearing my lawyer was coming to visit me today after yesterday's chaos happened all I want to know if Zara was found yet. I couldn't go to sleep with the thought she was in danger and so of our kids.

As I wait in the room for visitation I sigh of relief happens when I see Damien approaching me in a blue suit and glasses trying to play the role.

"Please tell me she's found, Damien I'm losing my mind I just want my Zara safe," I ask as  he tries not to look at me he slowly shake his head.

"I been out for a day and she's still not found what the fuck is y'all doing y'all fucking useless," I spat getting up frustrated as one of the guards approach me, I sit back down not causing a scene.

"You need to stay calm before they sent you back," Damien says looking around at the guard looking at us.

"Stay calm? The woman of my dreams is getting taken away from me... the love of my life is somewhere out there wondering where I'm at and when I'm coming to save her, and for God's sake she's pregnant.. so you don't get to tell me to stay calm when you this close to losing someone you plan to have a whole future with, or someone who when they're aren't around you feel like your at death door, or who scent makes you feel like home, so when you find someone like that you don't get to tell me to stay calm," I say in a whisper voice full of anger.

"And get me the fuck out of here," I say looking at Damien who nods his head.

"Boy I'm not even a real lawyer... so did you really do it... because dad is furious that you knew an FBI agent was living in his house and you didn't tell no one," Damien said passing me the paper that Zoey and Kiya drew for me.

"Yeah.. but I didn't pull the trigger that's why I'm confused about why I'm here it's not adding up," I say as I open the folded paper "a get well card?" I ask.

"Yeah, I told them they took you away because you were sick and need real help so they made you a get well card," he said looking very proud as I shake my head.

"Hey I promise will get her Michael is coming to help , I promise you will have her back before tomorrow's dinner," Damien said as I feel relief when he made a promise he kept it, and they're was nothing that will get in the way of his promise.

Our Roman is hurting and Zara isn't there to make it all better and there nothing he can do 🥺🥺