29

__

-September 27th, 1997-__

__

"Adrian could we talk?"

Olivia Mae turns to face me and I see the hint of jealously that sparkles in her eyes.

Adrian nods slowly and he waves goodbye to Olivia Mae. "Come on." Adrian whispers, grabbing a hold of my hand and leading me towards the astronomy tower.

Once we arrive at the top I slip my hand away from his slowly. His lips turn into a frown and he goes to touch my cheek but I back away.

"Quinn." Adrian pleads, his voice so desperate. "Adrian I-"

"We can't be together Adrian."

His face turns into a big frown and he looks like he just got stabbed in the heart. Almost like how I feel in this very moment.

"What- no. We can fix this it was just some shitty fight Quinn. Come on, we can fix this. Just give me another chance. I promise I'll do better." Adrian whispers grabbing my hands in his and rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

Don't make this harder.

Please.

"Adrian this would never work. Now please stop." I breath out, trying to contain myself as best as possible.

He grabs my face in his hands and makes me face him. "Do you not love me Quinn? Was I not good enough? Why are you leaving me, why are you breaking my heart into two?"

I look into his hazel green eyes and shake my head. "I can't do this Adrian. You're not the problem, I am. Now please don't make this more difficult."

"Just tell me Quinn. Tell me."

Tell him.

Tell him.

TELL HIM!

"I don't fucking love you anymore Adrian!" I shout, throwing his hands off of me and backing away.

I grab the railing and look down at the ground. Not daring to face him. I hear heavy breaths before big footsteps are heard going down the stairs. Marching down ever so aggressively.

Turning around I watch as his shadow disappears and feel as tears fall down my face.

Before I can stop myself I fall to my knees and cry. I cry for Adrian, I cry for myself, I cry for my fucked up family, and I cry for everyones lives that I'm about to ruin.