32

__

-September 30th, 1997-(Tuesday)__

(Tuesday)
__

I keep on thinking about what the Riddle twins have said. Dumbledore is going to die. Theodore and I will kill him.

Voldemort will win.

"Draco." Pansy snaps her fingers Infront of my face.

"What?"

"You zoned out dude. Now help me find this shit. My head is pounding." Pansy mumbles.

Right.

I help her look for this book for our potions class and then we do the assignment together.

Nothing much has happened these couple of days and everything has been pretty calm and quiet.

It's unusual but settling.

Quidditch practice has been canceled for some time since our next game isn't until October 10th. And also since Marcus Flint left for a family emergency last week and is yet to return.

Before I know it class is over and it's time for dinner.

"See you in the table." Pansy waves before rushing out of the class.

Quinnly and Theodore were paired up and surprisingly they are actually being civil.

I know Theodore hates her guts, more than I do. Not that I hate hate her. I just hate the way she makes me feel.

"Malfoy." Theodore greets as we walk side by side to the great hall.

"Nott."

"Dray!" Astoria shouts from behind making me groan.

She appears right next to me with a wide smile on her face and her cheeks shining a bright red.

"Astoria what can I help you with?" I question, keeping my sight straight ahead.

"I was wondering if you could help me with Astronomy. I'm failing terribly and you're one of the smartest people in the class." Astoria asks, playing with her fingers.

"Sorry greengrass, he's actually tutoring me. Maybe try Granger." Quinnly interrupts, standing next to my side.

My eyes widen in shock but I quickly cover it up and start backing up her story as well.

Astoria finally lets out a deep breath and nods. "Thanks anyways." She says before walking past us.

Before I can even look at Quinnly, she is already gone. 

"The task, Draco."

I raise an eyebrow at him in confusion.

"She did it so you can focus on your task." Right. Forgot about that.

I walk into the common room and see Olivia Mae studying for some exams. Her long brow hair is tied in a high ponytail and her Slytherin Rob is thrown on the other couch.

"Oh did you need-" She starts but I stop her by shaking my head.

"I'm just gonna be thinking. I won't disturb you, and I hope you do the same." I say sitting down on the opposite couch.

I hear her shuffle around before going back to her studying.

Meanwhile I take the time to actually think. I don't want to kill Dumbledore. I never wanted the dark mark. My father forced me. I didn't have a choice.

Potter may be the boy who lived but I'm the boy who didn't have a choice.

"You like Quinn right?"

Just fucking great.

"Fuck off White."

"Look I just wanna know more ok? I've been here for eight damn years and I just want to know why Adrian isn't over her." She whispers.

I run my hands over my face before sighing. "I'm not in the mood to talk about Quinnly right now." I respond honestly.

Olivia Mae is a good person, sure. She's pretty chill even though sometimes she's too innocent and to much of a boomer.

It's clear she likes Pucey and that she would do anything for him and sometimes I feel bad for her. I wish she could get with the guy she wants and I hope one day she finds a good guy. She deserves it.

After all she has gone through a lot.

Over her years at Hogwarts she had been bullied for being a half blood, younger me would probably make fun of her too but at this point I don't really care about blood status, and her younger sister died in hands of the dark lord over four years ago.

No one ever talks about it.

Her pain is sometimes over looked, though other peoples problems are a bit worse but there's not reason to compare.

I stand up and am about to walk into the boys dormitory but before I do I turn around and face Olivia Mae. "Don't give up Mae. I'm sure he'll open his eyes."

Word Count: 737