Author's Note

You know, I myself always skip author's notes when reading books, but it's quite a different feeling writing one myself

You know, I myself always skip author's notes when reading books, but it's quite a different feeling writing one myself. This is quite a monumental moment for me. I started this story back in 2018, only 15 years old, and back then I had quite a different idea for what kind of story this would be.

I restarted it in 2019, and then again in 2020, when I got into my first lockdown. In a sense, this story is an offspring of Covid. One of the good things that came from quarantine, I guess. And now, two years later, it's finished, almost a 165k word story (which amounts to about 600 pages).

I'm happy to be able to say that this is something I have achieved. But that is not to say it doesn't hurt a little to leave this story behind. So, to ease the journey, I'd like to share with you a few fun facts of the journey I've had while writing.

#1 In the first version of this story, Taehyung and Jeongguk were enemies (secretly in love with each other) who were trying to ruin their siblings' wedding, in order to avoid being in each other's lives.

#2 In that same version of this story, Jeongguk hides in Taehyung's closet and hears him talking about him on his phone with his friend. (When writing that, I realised I didn't know what I was doing with the plot, and decided to restart the story).

#3 The entire plot of the first half of this story came to me the first weekend in quarantine, but in that version, the story was supposed to happen in Paris.

#4 The reason why this storu is called Pink Lemonade is because I was drinking Pink Lemonade while plotting it. Since then I have been frantically trying to come up with a good enough justification for the story being called that.

#5 In one version of the story, Mina and Taehyung break up at the start of it.

#6 In one version, Hoseok becomes Taehyung's friend, not Jeongguk's.

#7 The first kiss was supposed to come later than it did, in this version, but I decided to bring it forward a few chapters because it made more sense.

#8 The first kiss was supposed to happen on the balcony.

#9 Taehyung's backstory wasn't really established until I was writing part two.

#10 Adding Jisoo to the story was a spontaneous decision. Same for Taehyung's mother.

(I might add to this if I remember something more heheh)

Finally, I couldn't have finished this story if it weren't for all the support I've gotten and if it weren't for the circle of writers on this platform pushing me, both through words of encouragement, and with their own work-ethic. I'm so grateful for all the friends I've made on this journey, and for everybody who's commented kind words and voted for the story. Thank you so much.

And thank you, Pink Lemonade, for being there for me when I needed it the most.

Love, Sten