i

Chapter One: Nothing Good Ever Happens on a Thursday

Jeon Jeongguk wasn't the biggest fan of Thursdays, and he had a good many reasons for that.

      First of all, Thursdays weren't Fridays, which meant the week wasn't over yet––a cruel thing to be reminded of. Thursdays was usually when he gave up on the week and just wanted the weekend to arrive already, and the thought of having to go to school for a whole nother day, was not a fun one.

      Secondly, he had math class on Thursdays, his least favourite class.

      But what perhaps played the biggest factor of all was the fact that his father had died on a Thursday. He didn't remember it, but still, it was enough of a justification for his hatred, wasn't it?

      Despite that, it had been a particularly normal day. He had hung out with his friends after school, in the park, and taken some photographs. One of them he liked a lot. It was of his two best friends, Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin and of the worst person in the world, Myoui Mina. So, it was safe to say he didn't exactly like the photograph because of the sentimental value of it, it just looked pleasing to the eye. They were all lying down on the grass, Jimin in the middle, Mina braiding his hair, Taehyung smiling fondly at the sight of them.

      It had been a pleasant enough day.

      Even so, any day spent with Myoui Mina was a day badly spent. Too bad he went to school with her. And too bad she was dating his friend.

      He fished his keys from the pocket of his jacket. It had been a pleasant enough day, but it had been long, and he was tired. He couldn't wait to go to sleep. He wanted to bury himself under his pillows and lie there for eternity.

      He made his way into the front room and threw his jacket onto a near-by chair. After doing so, he heard his mother's voice in his head screaming at him to pick it up, so he put it in the closet. His house was a warm coloured, old house, and it had a soft aura to it. His safe haven. The entry room was a spacious and round room, decorated with plants. Jeongguk thought he noticed a new one in the corner, his mother had a habit of buying plants. On the right side of the room a stairway curved up to the first floor. Beneath the stairs was a big archway which led into the living room. The light flooded into the room through big crescent windows.

      They often had guests, and judging from the chatter coming from the kitchen, they had guests today. He wasn't a big fan of meeting his mother's friends, not when he was tired (always asking questions he didn't know how to answer) but he was hungry and there was no way he would let himself go upstairs without getting some food first.

      Most of the questions his mother's friends asked him had something to do with either his dancing (although he had quit five years ago), school or photography. Now it was popular to ask him what he wanted to study at university or if he had any big future plans. He would always get told how much he had grown and most of all, he would get the question, do you remember me? Although that question was more popular at big family gatherings, where many distant aunts would corner him. The good thing about always getting the same questions was that he had all the answers at the ready.