The Offer | 1 | 2 |

- This is kind of a thriller; 2 parts are in this one chapter -

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

𝐍𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐡

[𝟏]

I was almost asleep, attempting to dream about me and my future husband and father of my future kids, LaMelo Ball, when I got the eerie feeling that I was being watched. Reaching for my phone on the nightstand I hit the flashlight button, scanning it across the room seeing nothing, but I still couldn't shake the feeling.

Maybe I was just being paranoid.

The next morning I woke up to texts from a newly formed group chat wanting to meet up to discuss some weird things that happened to them last night. I recognized the names of people that I use to hang out with, from the summer before, but we all kind of fell off after we thought the situation was over with.

Walking up the steps to my ex-bestfriends dorm room triggered a host of different emotions and memories from last summer. None of which were good... well that's a lie there were a few good moments hidden amongst the bad, but those were few and far between.

Pushing the door open, I noticed I was the last one to make it in.

"Fashionably late as usual." Melo joked, throwing his hand up in a small wave. My heart fluttered, sending a small smile back. The things I would do to that man, if only he were mine.

He sat next to Jalen Green and Ja Morant, the two jocks, Aliza a geek, and Stephanie my former bestfriend turned enemy cheerleader. I'd like to think I was the neo-soul eccentric baddie, but others might just classify me as the awkward artsy one. We all were freshmen at USC and met at orientation.

"Nice of you to finally join." Stephanie rolled her eyes, leaning her body against Melo's. Her fingers intertwined with his.

"Go fuck yourself Steph." I shrugged sitting down in the corner crossing my legs not bothering to join their séance circle.

"Melo does just fine." She stated purely to get a rise out of me...

And guess what it worked bitch.

"Guys! Come on. . Can't we just be cordial?" Aliza blurted out before I could even open my mouth to retort back. "We're all here for a reason. Obviously the thing is back." Her face contoured in a distressed fashion, making her thick black glasses fall slightly down her freckled nose.

"How do you know it's back?" Stephanie argued. It was just like her to always try and go against the majority. "It could just all be a coinciden-."

"Bro, we all felt it last night, fuck a coincidence." Ja interrupted.

"That weird as feeling that somebody is fucking watching you." I spoke staring at my red rainboots. "Even though you're all alone."

"The sound of those heavy ass footsteps running towards you." Jalen added rubbing the goosebumps that began to rise along his arm.

"The wailing and screaming." Aliza's lip glided between her braces covered teeth and she shut her eyes trying to rid the sound that was imprinted in her memory.

Ja was right, this was no coincidence.

"Why is it back though?" Melo questioned. "Didn't we put it away for good? We followed every fucking step right." He threw the book of hoodoo on the ground in the middle of the circle making dust float in the air as it made contact with the floor.