Be there

Dazjah

I looked up and around trying to look for the eyes I felt on me. Finally my eyes landed on a group of girls who were upperclassman on my volleyball team. Taking out an AirPod Pro, the music paused as I removed it to see if they had said something to me, but they just turned back towards each other and laughed once they noticed they caught my attention.

"There's no way she's dating LaMelo Ball. I mean look at her."

"Yeah, if she was dating him why hasn't he been to any of our games, or posted her?" Another one laughed. "Plus, I don't even think he likes black girls. She's just an attention whore."

Not wanting to hear anymore of their shit, I got up from the bench grabbing my gym bag from the floor and heading out the locker room towards the hallway. Today was the biggest game of the season we were facing our rivals Bama. I didn't have time to get caught up in that mean girl gossip bullshit. I liked to to tell myself they were only jealous I was living the dream they wanted. Freshman starter on a D1 volleyball team, professional basketball player's girlfriend, and in honor's college. 

They want to be me so bad, but mad they can't be. 

Deciding to start my pregame ritual, I pressed play on my game-day playlist, letting it shuffle and start Young Nudy's No Clue as I stretched on the court. 

FaceTime Call from HoneyBun 💛 Do you want to answer? Siri rudely interrupted my pregame hood meditation flow. 

"Answer it... Hello?" I scrambled across the floor to grab my phone.

"Wassup baby girl?" He smiled widely in the camera, he had his grills on that were twinkling in the light. He knows I love seeing him in his grills. I reminds me of when has them in and starts eating my.... you know what never mind.

"Hey puddin." I smiled back, feeling my cheeks warm.

"Look baby, I got some bad news." He spoke, I could tell he was walking around, because he started tapping walls and turning lights off. Avoiding eye contact with the camera like he was nervous or something.

I rolled my eyes sighing, already knowing what he was going to say. "You're not coming to my game, huh?" 

"I'm sorry baby, but I'll make it up to you."

"Melo you say that every time."

"And I make it up to you every time, don't I?"

"Okay but for once I don't want you to make it up to me. I want you to be there for me like I be there for you."

"Dazjah I-."

The other girls began making their way to the court, followed by the coach's signaling it was time to go through our pregame warm up. "Whatever, I gotta go. Bye." I quickly ended the call feeling the tear I tried to hold at the brim of my waterline slip. 

"Dazjah what's up with you? You good?"

My nose crinkled, as a sniffled the running snot away. "Yea, I'm good coach." Quickly wiping my face with my jersey. 

"Probably had an imaginary break up with her imaginary boyfriend LaMelo." One of the girls who were talking shit before mumbled under her breath before laughing with her groupies.

I wish I was one of those girls who liked to fight, because I would've put my hands on her a long time ago. Luckily for her, I wasn't a fan of confrontation so I just let her remark slide.

*⃝

Part 1 of 2 maybe ? If y'all want it. Reminder im posting my drafts so these shits hella short lmfao.