The Offer 5 | preview 6

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫

            𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦

Naveah sat anxiously waiting, with all the boys. They were waiting for Aliza to come back with Stephanie so that they could figure out the ritual, but she wasn't back yet, and it was starting to worry all of them. 

"Fuck are they at? It's almost midnight and it's going to storm soon." Ja checked his phone, hoping to see a message from Aliza explaining why they're running late, but to no avail there was nothing. 

"Has anybody called her?" 

"Yess, Naveah we called like 10 times already. Shut the fuck up." Melo spoke with the stankiest attitude. All eyes were now on him, surprised by his sudden mood change.

Naveah felt a slight twinge of hurt in her heart, listening to the hate that sounded on his tongue as he spoke to her. Before a tear could fall, she walks out quickly, flopping down on the couch in the common space that was farthest from his room. What did she do to him? One minute they were almost making love, and then the next this nigga acts like he hates her guts. Was it because she wouldn't have sex with him?

 "What's up with you nigga? She just asked a question." Jalen furrowed his eyebrows. "She asking too many of them bitches." Jalen shook his head at his friend before walking out to check on the girl.

"You good Veah?" Jalen asked sitting next to the figure that was wrapped up in a ball. Her knees were to her chest with her arms covering her head. "Don't take that shit to heart, he tweakin."

"Can I ask you a question?" She sat up, wiping a few stray tears that were still on her face. His eyes scanned her face, looking at all the beautiful components that made it. He'd never been this close to Naveah before, he didn't even realize she had mini beauty marks across her face that almost mimicked freckles. "Jay?" She snapped her fingers in front of his face. 

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry what was your question?" He chuckled a little embarrassed.

"If you really liked a girl.."

"Uh huh?" His eyebrows raised,  "and she didn't want to have sex with you.. would you be mad?"  Jalen's heart sank.

"What was her reason?"

"Her reason is valid, that's all you need to know."

Jalen shrugged, "Well, to be honest if its a girl I like and I'm not just tryna fuck on some, Imma respect her boundaries. It's not a big deal to me if she don't let me slide, if she not ready yet."

Naveah nodded her head not knowing what to say.

"But if it's a hoe im just tryna crack on I'd be mad." Jalen spoke the second part before realizing that she was speaking about her and Melo. "Damn.." Jalen shook his head. 

"Thanks for the advice." Naveah got up from her spot on the couch ready to head back home, figuring the ritual wasn't going to happen anytime tonight since Aliza still hasn't showed up.

"Wait Veah, if it makes you feel any better." Jalen wanted to punch himself in the face for what he was about to say, but knew it was the right thing to do. "I don't think that's what going on with Melo. Bro really likes you, trust me. I think he's probably just scared, like the rest of us and is just taking it out on you cause he know we'd whoop his ass if he tried us." He chuckled.

Naveah laughed, rolling her eyes at the last part. "Thanks Green." She reached down hugging him.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐃𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐄

(That's how I write my idea notes and I think it's just too funny not to leave like this )

"I can't find Stephanie." She gasps, "And I think she used the amulet... again."

[𝟓]

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦

Lighting the last few candles in the dark bathroom,  Stephanie held the amulet up to the mirror reciting the phrase in broken creole, "𝐒𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐦 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐰𝐞𝐧." before hovering the amulet over one of the lit candles. 

Once the amulet heated up its emerald core changed from green to red and the thing appeared in the mirror before her. Its ghastly deteriorated face morphed into the human that used it last, before the group of teens found it.

"I want another offer." Stephanie stated plainly, smirking in the mirror.

Copying the face she made, the thing spoke. "You wish to receive another offer, I see, but this comes to you at a price of 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. A boy named Lamelo will fall in love with you, but there are a few tasks that you will have to do. Set me free, and you will receive all you desire, but if you don't your life will 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞."

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

"𝐎𝐇 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊!"

"𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐎 𝐍𝐎!"

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎, 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇?!"

"𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃."

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

-

The Book is OTW :) it'll be a short story thriller you know in time for halloween.