The Offer | 3 | 4 |

𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 = 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘣𝘪  | 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘴𝘦 | 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘣𝘪 𝘪𝘴 𝘻𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘰𝘭𝘦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨

[𝟯]

After Naveah and I made it out of the woods, alive, we decided to head back to my dorm room. We contemplated telling the others about what happened and what we found, but we thought it would be a better idea to do some investigating on our own first.

 Well, Naveah was doing some investigating. 

A nigga was too hungry to try and do any brain work at the moment.

Naveah sat on my bed in some fresh clothes that I gave her. Her curly hair was pulled up and back with one of those claw clip things that these hoes wear now and a couple of curls that didn't make it into the bun fell on the sides of her face. She chewed on her Apple Pencil, as she stared down at the iPad mini screen that laid in her lap. 

I'd been calling her name for the longest so I could let her know the food was done, but I guess she was too invested into the research she was doing.

Crumbling up the random half written on notebook paper laying on my desk, I threw it at her. Laughing once it made contact with her forehead. "Earth to Naveah?"

"What dickhead?" She let out a small laugh, not even taking her eyes off of the screen.

"Food ready." I motioned behind me to the kitchen, like she was even looking. 

"Thanks, I'll get some in a second." 

"Nah, you gone get some now. You been looking at that shit for like an hour." I walked over to her snatching the iPad out her hands and walking out my room and into the kitchen. 

"You don't have to snatch." She followed behind me, sitting on one of the barstools around the counter. 

"Here." I slid her a plate with some Digerno pizza on it. Instead of her eyes being on the food that nearly slid off the counter, her eyes un-discretely traveled my body starting from the top of the tattoo on my chest to the waist line of my pajama pants. "Like what you see?" My eyebrow raised.

"When did you get tatted?" She tried to play it off, pulling her lips into her mouth forming small dimples on the sides of her cheek.

I know she had a crush on me when we first started hanging out, I figured that's what she was going to say in the woods. But I didn't know she still did. I wish she had said something back then because I had feelings for her too, but between her silence and Stephanie getting in my head and then my pants... I figured she didn't feel the same way about me. After I fucked Stephanie and her telling the whole campus about it, she stopped coming around. But, I never put two and two together, until Jalen said something recently. I just always thought she stopped coming around because the situation was over with.

With all that being said, us being together again felt right to me and I hope it felt right to her too. If I have the chance, I wouldn't mind trying things out with her. 

That is, if we made it out this shit alive.

"Like a couple months ago, with Ja and Jalen."

She nodded biting down on her pizza.

"Since it's late and I know your mom doesn't get off until the morning, you can just stay over. You know, especially since the thing is out here running loose and shit."