Chapter 10

Miles keeps looking at his watch, waiting for Alice. And when she arrives, she also brings a new member to the group too.
Miles and Ellis start to hear multiple voices. He looks up to find Alice and V biking their way toward them. The two girls pull up next to Ellis who is not happy with the fact that V, the girl that humiliated him at school the other day, also joining his group.
"You late, And why is she here?" Ellis asks.
"Parents were watching MAS*H. No way past, and besides we need more people if we want to find Sabastian fast." Said Alice.
"Good points," Miles added.
"Stay within ten meters from each other, just in case, but no splitting up beyond ten or doing anything stupid, okay, ?" Miles repeat their group protocol to the new member, V.
"Here is your flashlight, Flash two times if you found something and three times if you are in Danger, you got it," Elliseadds
V nods "Yeah yeah I got it, (Stalker)". V replies.
"What did you say?" Ellis asks.
"No, nothing," V replies and turns to smile at Alice a little instead.
"Where are we going?" Alice asks.
" The Forbidden Forest," Miles replies.
And with that, Miles pedal out of the neighborhood. Alice, V, and Ellis share worried looks. And then race after him.
But Micheal, the handsome, charming boy in their high school, and Miles's big sister, Adeline, have a different plan in mind when they sneak out of their own house.
They both went to the lake, near downtown.
Micheal and Adeline race across the moonlit lake.
The bonfire burns dimly behind them. Far away now.
Adeline is out of breath.
"Bebe! Can you just tell me where we're going?! Bebe -- ?!" Adeline asks.
"Right -- here!"
Micheal shoves Adeline onto the ground She shrieks, and laughs.
Micheal drops on top of her. Begins to kiss her all over.
Adeline is overwhelmed. Her laughter fades.
"Bebe, hey, can we just -- talk for a -- a second --"
Micheal starts to pull her sweater off. She tries to stop him, but it's too late. He tosses the sweater off to the ground.
Adeline covers her bra with her arms. Shy -- and cold.
"It, it's freezing --" Said Adeline.
But Micheal isn't listening to his 'not ready to have sex' girlfriend. He unbuttons her jeans and yanks them down below her waist. Sophea's breathing quickens. Her heart pounds.
Micheal began to take out a condom from his pocket. Adeline starts to beg her boyfriend again and again, but his urge to have sex is now on an all-time high, so there is no stopping Micheal from doing what he wanted.
"Micheal -- I, I've never --" Adeline says at Micheal but he still isn't listening. or doesn't care.
He tears open the condom wrapper, and the early night for the two teens began.
Here is a possible rewrite in Stephen King's style:
Simon zooms into his driveway on his moped. He jumps off and runs to the porch. He can hear Chester barking in the backyard. The dog is restless. He knows something is wrong.
Simon opens the front door.
He sees his mom on the floor. She is surrounded by pictures of Sabastian. She is making a poster that says: "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?"
She looks up at Simon with red eyes.
"Any news?" She says.
Simon shakes his head. "Nothing, Mom. You?"
"Your dad is still out there, with the cops, with the volunteers, but..." She trails off.
She wipes her eyes. She picks up a photo of Sabastian eating banana chips in front of Buckingham Palace. They went there last summer.
"I'm sorry, Mom." Simon says.
"Sorry? For what?"
Simon doesn't answer. He knows what he did.
His mom holds his hand. "Hey. Listen to me. This is not your fault, okay? You hear me? It's not your fault."
Simon looks away.
"He's alive, Simon. I know he is. I can feel him. He's close. He's close." She says.
She shows him two photos of Sabastian. One on a horse at his grandpa's farm. The other one at Buckingham Palace.
"Do you believe me, Simon? Do you?"
Simon looks at his mom. He nods.
She smiles weakly.
Then the phone rings.
They both jump.
His mom grabs the phone. "Hello? Hello?"
There is no answer. Just breathing.
"Roy? Roy, is that you?" She says.
Then a loud BANG!
A red portal opens in the living room.
A voice comes from the portal. It sounds far away.
It's a boy's voice.
It's Sabastian's voice.
"Mom...help...me...Mom..."
Sabastian appears in the portal. He looks scared and hurt. He tries to get out, but something pulls him back.
His mom and Simon run to him. They try to pull him out, but they can't.
"Hold on, baby! Hold on! I'll get you out!" His mom screams.
"Nooooo!" Sabastian cries as something drags him back into the portal.
Another voice comes from the portal. It's not human. It's evil.
"Grrrrrr"
"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Margaret screams at the mysterious super natural with pain and agony.
The portal closes.
The phone screeches.
His mom drops the phone. She looks at her hand. It's burned and smoking.
She backs away from the phone. She's terrified.
Simon picks up the phone. He yells:
"Who are you?! WHO ARE YOU?!"
But the line is dead.
His mom falls to the floor. She sobs.
Meanwhile, in the Forbidden Forest...
A boy lies on the ground in an ancient temple. He's 13 years old.
He's pale and bleeding from his nose and ears.
He crashes to a halt. Looks around for help. Desperate.
"Help----Helps me--please" The kid Whisper, it seems like he looks very tired and scared.
A dense fog has drifted in from inside the Forest and the Wind roll in slowly, much slower than normal as if the world now moves at quarter speed. The wet dirt is covered in more of those strange, throbbing growths, and the sky is shrouded in dark clouds. Electric red lightning flashes, streaking the sky, and --
The Kid hears something. Something wet. Guttural.
He turns. And pales. Obscured beneath the fog:
A HORDE OF SHADOWED FIGURES. TALL. DISFIGURED.
One of them walks on all fours.
They are coming this way.
Coming for him.
He screams.
And-------