Chapter 31

*Aranya Achara AKA Liny POV*

I wake up to my stupid alarm going off. 3 am. The devil's hour. The perfect hour to go do what I need to. After throwing on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt, My agent knocks on my apartment door. I don't know their name, and I don't really need to, that bulk of guys is just there to make sure I don't get killed. Which I can handle myself quite frankly. " Aranya." One of the agents addresses me.

"Agent," I reply in a cold tone. He clears his throat. "You are instructed to report to the base today. There's an urgent meeting and a report from The Kingdom, You're needed there immediately." I nod my head and begin to walk toward the car. What a shame, no school today. I actually kinda getting used to being a normal teenager. Busy weekends, fun at school, sharing secrets with V, becoming a friend to all, it was fun to play up front. So fun, I wanted it to stay that way.

No. No. Don't get too attached. No.

"Aranya! Or should I should say, Liny?"

I look up to Master Sovan smiling at my mission updates.

"It's almost phased two! When you can actually get the boy. Prayut will be pleased."

I look down, debating if I should say what I want to, it might get me punished. "Sovan...Master...I don't think it's time." I say nervously.

"Well, we can't wait around forever, the connection starts getting stronger and stronger my dear. And we're coaxing that monster out as well. That's what and why I'm doing all the dirty here in Lakewood.

"We have to make sure that The Kingdom is the only place that has the ability to create and control the creature. Not here, not anywhere. There can't be a trace of the other side."

I look down, unhappy and scared at the same time.

"The connection is already strong. you run out of time, Aranya"

"Unless you want to stall? And face punishments?"

I gulp nervously. "No. I just want my own say-." I got cut off by the master, he grabbed my shirt and wrapped his hands around my throat.

"I think someone's getting too comfortable? Right?" As I struggle to breathe, he lays me down and ties my hands and feet.

"This is a very urgent mission, which means urgent steps must be taken." He then proceeds to hook up the electrical wires to my head and then connect them to the electromagnetic wave box. He turns the dial all the way up and flicks on the switch. Pain bursts through my body. Fire burns in my veins. The energy bursts painfully through every cell of my brain. my eyeballs feel as though they are going to come out and my heart is as if it's going to explode. I scream out in agony but that only makes him turn the dial-up more.

"You don't want this to happen to your weak-minded brother right? Then do what you're told. No question asked."

The next morning I show up at school. Drained and in constant pain. I take my usual seat in the lunchroom. "Hey, are you, okay?" I look up to see a concerned Hak.

"Yeah, I know I look rough, just, sick." he nods silently, as I put my head down. For the first time, I don't listen to his conversations or even bother to look up to him. I'm hurting too much.

In biology class, I sit next to Sabastian. And he does something quite unexpected. He reaches for my hand. He's blushing very hard and seems rather shaky, but I let him and there I am, holding hands with Sabastian Dominic like some kind of stupid idiot.

I give home a weak and terrible smile, and he asks me again if I'm okay.

I nod and say "I just need some rest." He nervously lets go of my hand and says, "let me do the work for you today."

I nod and say a small thank you. Why is my heart fluttering like this? Strange. Probably just a side effect of yesterday. I should be killing you right now, and feeding you to that four legs monster that roars for the food all the time, Sabastian. If only he knew.

But today is weird I didn't see V and the brother come to school, so I ask the teacher" Hey, Teach, is V, Ellis, and Miles calling in sick today?"

"No, I think they were just late, what's wrong?"

"No, - - -nothing, I'm just a concerned friend worries about her friend that's all, Thank teach"

it still feels weird to me, but I'm too shy to ask Hak to know what going on after what he just did to me, my heart just can't handle it anymore.