Chapter 35

Aranya Achara AKA Oung Sovan Liny "Point of View"

"So. V are your parents okay?" I asked, looking up at the table. Every single one of us looked rough, and I, I looked worst.

Miles, Sabastian, V, Ellis, and V's older brother Jackson all had bags under their eyes from lack of sleep and they all looked lost in thought and didn't speak a word to each other. me, on the other hand, looked like that too. But I had cuts and bruises on my face and all over my body, which I tried to hide.

"Um. They're okay. Just a fender bender." V said, not looking up from the assignment in front of her. They sat for a moment in silence, and then I saw it. A note-passing around from each person in the group except for me. I didn't have the energy to read their minds, so instead I tried to make out the note. Miles's house at 4. Liny CANNOT come. We need to discuss Alice.

Alice. Of course. I look up at the group and begin to leave, the bells going to ring. "liny?" Sabastian calls out.

"What?" I respond, "What happened to your leg?" He asks. I look down and stare in shock. My dress went up a little, exposing the huge slice I got from the Banshee.

"N-nothing. It's always been there." I begin to walk out as Miles grabs my hand, and pulls off the bandage on my arm, revealing a huge bruise where the Witch hit me.

"I'm sorry but- what the hell," Miles said eyeing my cuts. "Holy mother of god," Ellis adds.

"Look, it's really none of your business, but I got into a fight, and believe it or not I won," I responded, walking off.

THE BROTHER'S HOUSE - 4 PM - EVENING

I walked behind the Brother's house, careful not to make any loud noises. I watched as one by one, kids entered the house. First, it was V and her older brother, then Micheal, and Adeline.

 Maybe I should go in. Pretend to be a friend. But my thoughts were interrupted by something quite shocking. Adults started to come in. First in was Margaret Dominic, Sabastian's mother, what is she doing here, then the former Captain of Lakewood Police Station, Captain Jack, and the last one is a guy in a black suit and black sunglasses, I didn't recognize him from the files. What's going on here?

I began to sneak towards the window, trying to hear as best as I can. "So let me get this straight, Sabastian had the feeling again, and he saw that Alice is still alive. That's why we're here? It doesn't seem like something we should investigate to me, I mean she's dead, period" Micheal said.

"You don't understand! We've gone through this more than you, and not knowing what's going to happen is worse!" Miles said, raising his voice.

"Hey, lower your voice dipshit," Jackson said, eyeing Miles.

"Anyways," V said, "We need to figure out what to do with Sabastian's vision. Clearly, this thing is after him, and we don't even know that The witch we see last night is the same one as last year, but if Sabastian's vision about Alice still alive is correct, we can't let the Witch know about this too, and we need to find her first and fast."

The group went silent for a second before A guy in a black suit chimed in. "I would say he could stay at my place, but because someone exposed my location last year," he said giving Captian Jack an angry glare. Captain Jack rolled his eyes, "Any other ideas?". He adds,

"Liny," V said. The whole group turned to her in shock. "Who? Your new friend?" Margaret asked.

 "Yeah, it will be unexpected," V said nervously. I smirk from my hidden place behind the window. Too easy.

"Plus, her dad is a hunter, which means...he had guns and ammo. Perfect for defenses." Miles says.

"No way. I'm not putting my trust and my friend's safety in a girl we just met." Ellis said.