Chapter 30

*V's Point of View*

Lakewood is by far the worst place to be in during the rainy season. My parents left for a tropical getaway in Sihanouk ville, leaving me and my older brother Jackson alone for a few weeks.

"Hey there, Hothead," Jackson greeted me as I came into the kitchen one morning. It was eight, but he always woke up before I did so he could make breakfast and keep me company. Yeah. To everyone at school, Jackson was The Prince Handsome of Lakewood High.

At the same rank as him is Micheal, of course. The jock, the cool guy, the one who didn't give a- well, let's just say he gave off the Farrah-hair-don't-care vibe. (Jackson doesn't let me swear, even though he has a sailor's mouth. Hypocrite.) But to me, Jackson was the best big brother ever. The one who cared, the one who is there to dry my tears when Mom and Dad fought and made me laugh when I thought I'd never smile again.

"Morning, Hair boy," I replied. "Where were you last night?" Jackson had been out pretty late with that Douche Micheal"Adeline's Boyfriend" since we moved here, it being the last day of school and all. "There was an eighth-grade graduation party for some of Micheal's younger brother's friends. I would've taken you, but I figured you didn't want to go, for obvious reasons."

Jackson looked at me sympathetically. He had become friends with Micheal for some reason and had been hanging out with them ever since. I never hung out with them, but Jackson spent a lot of time at Micheal's place. "I graduated eight grade this year, too, ya know,"

I grumbled, taking the bowl of corn flakes that he had fixed for me. Jackson sighed. "Yeah, but you didn't want to have a graduation party. You don't talk to anyone in your school, except all your nerdy friends. "

"Yeah, cuz they're all juvenile dipshi-"

"V!" he cut me out before I can finish swearing.

I looked down. "It's true," I mumbled.

"You might want to actually get to know some of them before going around calling them dipshits. I mean, some of them are, but Micheal isn't a dipshit. He's pretty cool-" He stopped himself. "He's fun to hang around."

"If you love him so much, marry him, I will let Adeline know that you love her boyfriend so much" I started to walk out of the kitchen, but the doorbell rang, making me walk back in to put down my cereal, then into the entryway to answer the door.

Speak of the devil. "Hey there." Micheal smiled uneasily at me, his face crinkling up. "I'm Micheal. Is Your brother here?"

"I know who you are. My brother can't stop talking about you all morning, and it starts to piss me off to even worry about the fact that I was still wearing my pajamas. And bunny slippers."

Jackson could smell the resentment in my voice from a mile away. "Hey, Micheal. You know V, she is the friend of your Girlfriend's Brother, right?" He came up behind me, pulling my arm back and shielding me slightly from Micheal.

"Uh...yeah. We've- we've met." Micheal looked between me and Jackson. "Sorry, dude, did you- did you not want to hang out today, Marty, Mary, and Adeline are waiting at school?"

Jackson looked at me. "Do you mind?" he asked.

"Not at all." What was I supposed to say?

No, Jackson, you're not allowed to bring friends into your house. Like, I'm not that big of a bitch!

Jackson smiled at me. "Cool. You wanna hang out with us?" I wanted to say Yes, but the look in Micheal's eyes made me rethink it. Seriously, he looks really cute, but he is still an asshole to Sebastian's Brother and nobody in the group like him,"