Chapter 43

"What do you want, traitor?" said Liny. She looks straight at Agent Malcolm with pain and anger in her eyes.

"Since when am I a traitor, ha?" You're the one who went off the rail and got emotionally attached to the person we sent you to kill," said Agent Malcolm with a serious dead eye, looking straight back at Liny.

"You are a traitor to your country, asshole; you betray the agency and the country you swore to protect simply for power." Liny spits. "What is that Thai scum promise you if they succeed, hah? The secretary of defense or the director of the CIA?" Said she.

"It doesn't matter now; when you get back to the base, you know what your so-called "Master" will do to a traitor like you?" He laughed like a crazy person.

"No, no, no, don't take me back to base; just kill me right here, right now, Asshole," Liny yells and spits right in the face of Agent Malcolm, with tears dropping from her eyes.

"No sweetie, that's not my decision to make, see you at the base, traitor," said Agent Malcolm.

After hearing she will take her back to base eventually, the energy inside Liny moves quicker than it ever has been before, melting the handcuffs.

"You die Motherfucker," Liny stands up like a real badass, shooting fire through her hand at the Agents and killing several of them in the process. Fire is everywhere, burning in bright flames. Liny watches as they spread really fast and get nearly close to agent Malcolm in front of her,

"RUN! RUN NOW!" Liny yells loudly at Sabastian and Margareth; luckily, Margareth doesn't need to be told twice. Grabbing Sabastian by the shirt, rushing through the back to safety.

Bullets start to fire, coming from the men in front of her, but their arms are now on fire due to the fire and smoke that is falling from the ceiling. Liny starts to feel heavy on herself. She has never felt totally in control of herself like this before, but it's no time to let down her guard.

An agent emerges suddenly from the smoke, firing back at Liny and attempting to sling his arms around her, but she kicks back right at his stomach and sends him flying back through the glass window. Another agent, this time, came at Liny with a pocket knife but got disarmed and stabbed back at him instantly. She can take down agents with ease like that because of her basic hand-to-hand combat taught by a top Thai Spec-ops agent himself.

A pattern sees through until there are six bodies on the floor in front of her, either burned to a crisp or passed out, but Liny knows that Agent Malcolm has got out and is still on the run somewhere out there.

The smoke has increased now and it's beginning to fill Liny's lungs, to the point where, for a moment, the world goes dizzy. She needs to get out. Crawling through a window, she finds herself on the sidewalk, but after all of that, you find her powers are substantially draining. She feels tired, heavy, and thick, and her hands are now covered in her own blood that keeps bleeding from her wrist. She lurches to the side of the street, coughing and spluttering debris and smoke, and suddenly she hears footsteps walking toward her. And there he is, Agent Malcolm. He laughs as he watches Liny hunch over.

"I knew you could handle those men, but you have never once been able to defeat me."

"You bastard." She spits blood and rises weakly to confront him.

"I'd rather not kill you, so I recommend this to you; surrender now. This is your final chance." He pulls out a drug vial, which Liny instantly recognizes. It's the same kind of injection she was supposed to use on Sabastian to kidnap him. A type that, if even one milligram enters your bloodstream, can send you into a coma-like state in seconds.

"Since you couldn't use it on him..." he said, edging closer, knife in his hand. "I'll have to use it on you." Agent Malcolm leans down to strangle Liny as Liny tries to fight back by pushing him against the concrete.

It's a back-and-forth battle of pushing each other and kicking off the limb for a few seconds, and she tries so hard and desperately to use her power to burn him, but a lack of concentration and energy leaves her too breathless to do so.

Maybe this is it, Liny thinks. Maybe there really is no way out, and will never be one for the rest of her life, but at least Sabastian and Margareth aren't here to see her death. Or so, she hopes.

Agent Malcolm flings his arm around her neck, and the sharp glass is knocked out of her hand as he pins Liny to the floor. Liny tries to escape his grasp from under him until an incomprehensible pain ricochets from her left leg.

Liny sees red, so much red blood, and screams as she realizes he's stabbed her with the knife. Her vision goes half-black for a second and she loses coherence with the world around her, but she watches as Agent Malcolm laughs and inches the vial closer and closer to her skin. It edges over her neck, and she can feel the cold metal of the stick begin to pierce through her throat. Then, Agent Malcolm goes flying backwards. He screams as he crashes into what's left of the coffee shop, and as he hits the burning flames he screams even more. His body rises up again, floating and defying gravity, as Liny watches in confusion, seeing his body goes flying outside and hitting multiple walls. Liny has no idea what caused his body to move against his own will, but when she sees his back in a broken and immobile state, she quickly takes the chance. Grabbing a sharp piece of glass from the debris, she crawls over to him with all the energy she has left. She tries to finish him, and ends all of this mess.

"AAAAAH. FUCK YOU!" Liny screams, and he's too weak to even move as the glass penetrates his throat.

As her clothes become stained with Agent Malcolm's blood and he begins to choke, tears begin to fall. Maybe it's anger, maybe it's the craving for revenge after all the years and decades of him torturing her, maybe it's for her mother, or maybe it's for her own security that she keeps stabbing him, keeps pressing the glass shard into his skin even though he's already dying, and keeps screaming as his blood spills everywhere. He's dead, and she just keeps stabbing, stabbing, until there's nothing left but blood and tears.

Then there's a hand on Liny's shoulder. It pulls her back by the waist, taking the glass shard from her bloodied hands. The person drags Liny down the street and presses a jacket over the injury. They wrap their hands around their own.

"Liny... It's okay... he can't hurt you anymore. "Liny's breathing slows, and the world begins to turn.

"You need to rest." The male voice says as the colors of the sky begin to change to black, and she begins to feel lightheaded as her eyes feel like lead. She looks up one final time before she passes out, and her eyes meet in gratitude and thanks to none other than Sabastian Dominic, the person she sent to kill in the first place.