Chapter 20

Moonlight lit up Independence street but seconds later, the light coming out of a blue and white SUV car outshines the pure light of the moon. Inside the car are Naty and Adeline, with Naty the one driving and Adeline sitting in the passenger seat, busy rearranging her bra to aline with the see-through white T-Shirt that she just bought.

"Is that a new bra and a new shirt?" 

"Yes, do you like it?" Adeline responds back to her friend with excitement written all over her face but for Naty, her friend is starting to fall into the path that she can't follow.

"Don't you think, that is a little over the top?" Naty asks.

"There, Naty, pull over?" Adeline yells

"What?"

"Pull over!!!"

"Why are we stopping? What are we doing here? his house is still three blocks away??"

"Because we can't park in his driveway?"

"Are you serious? This is insane, Adeline, what got into you?"

"Nothing got into me. We can't park in his driveway because his neighbor might see and notice the car." Adeline explains.

"This is so stupid. I can't do this anymore. I'm just gonna drop you off."

"Calm down, Naty. Come on. You promised that you'd go. You're coming. We're gonna have a great time."

"You know Micheal invited you to his house with one goal in mind. He just wants to get in your pants." Naty tries to convince her friend to come back to the side of the light but it is too late, Adeline already falls in too deep into Micheal, the pretty boy spells.

"No, he doesn't, he is not like that." Adeline tries to defend her boyfriend, but the only thing her response did is cement the feeling that Naty has over her, that her friend is long gone.

"Adeline, seriously, listen to me for once. He invited you to his house. His parents aren't home. Come on, you are not this stupid."

"It's not just me and him,  Nathan and Chloe are also there too." Said Adeline.

"Nathan and Chloe have been having sex since, like, seventh grade. It'll probably just be, like, a big orgy." Naty says with an expression of disappointment written all over her face but it seems like Adeline didn't notice it at all.

"Gross, Naty, who tell you that?"

"We've been studying with them since fifth grade. It is hard to not notice those two, I mean they even made out with each other while our math teacher, Mr. Joshep was still in class." Naty tells her friend.

"All right, well... you can be, like, my guardian. All right? Make sure I don't get drunk and do anything stupid." Adeline mumble at her friend, tagging along with that is her cute smile that Adeline knows Naty will fall for it again.

"Alright, alright, but I will not do this for you again, you understand?" Naty says and Adeline nods her head before the two young girls exit their car and walk slowly toward a two stories house not so far away from where there are.

Adeline quickly reach forward to ring the doorbell while her friend Naty, put her arm crossed each other and sigh.

"Try to chill okay?" Adeline says to her friend while waiting for her boyfriend to answer the door.

"I am chilling." Said Naty, but deep down, she is not chilling at all, all she feels are nervous and uncountable.

"Hello, ladies!!!" Said the warm heart, handsome boy Micheal Flyer."

Back at Dominic's residence, Simon and Captain Jack finally arrived back from their visit to the Capital. Simon noticed that his house lights are all out but his mom's car is still parked in the driveway. He looks at Captain Jack to see if the Captain also notices the unusual things going on which he did too.

The two quickly rushed toward the house with Simon going through the front door and Captain Jack taking a quick check around the house.

When Simon finally gets the front door open, all he finds is his house being wrecked and his mom is not inside the house too.

Simon begins to panic, rushing to search for his mom in all the rooms In the house, even taking another step to check the backyard and the shed behind the house but still, his mom is not there.

After searching his entire house and the area surrounding it, he still can't find his mom, so he starts calling the neighbors, hoping his mom might be around the neighborhood but all of them said they haven't seen her come into the neighborhood for a couple of days and they also start to worry about her too.

Back at the house, the atmosphere is like a Sahara desert, Simon starts to sob, tears strolling down his cheek, its seem like all hope is lost for him. 

"Hey, kid, come outside, I found something." Captain Jack yells from the front lawns of the house.

"What? where? what did you find?" Simon stumbles out of the house, his face starts light up again in hope.

"Look, this is not my car tire, and neither are you and your mom. If I'm correct, this pair of tires print belongs to a Cadillac car." Captain Jack explains.

"So, what are you thinking then?" Simon asks, 

"Someone else has been here, and I assume they are not from around her either."

After understanding what Captain Jack thinks, he and the Captain quickly pull out their keys and storm back to their car with a destination in mind.