Chapter 39

Summer break came, and the friend's Dinner the kids had planned was dull and depressing. Liny pretended not to notice the whispers and glances the other kids gave each other, desperately trying to act normal in front of her.

Sabastian noticed it too, but no one had told him about Alice being alive yet, he would go nuclear in an instant if he knew she was still alive. As Sabastian served food made by Miles's mother, a cold feeling ran down his neck and spine, causing him to lose balance and fall forwards on the table.

Everyone paused their meal to run to his assistance, but instead, everyone backed away in confusion when Liny let out a blood-curdling scream and violently fell to the floor, shaking and crying and losing her breath.

After immediately picking himself back up, Sabastian rushed to Liny's side along with everyone else. She stood there paralyzed and struggling to breathe. Sabastian knew how to take the feeling away temporarily but at the cost of what? Suspicion? But something inside of Sabastian told him, she needed help, and that she was in extreme pain.

Sabastian doesn't know why he did it, but maybe it was because deep down he knew Liny cared for him and the rest of the group too, and she would do the same too, and this is when he realized Liny also have power too but still, he chose to keep it to himself.

Carefully, Sabastian cupped his hands around the back of Liny's neck and held down a pressure point on her forehead. The sides of his temples were just like a fake electronic pulse. Sabastian breathed in and slowly maneuvered his energy, focusing on the heat energy in his hands. Not enough to start a pyrokinesis fire, but just enough to make Liny's face warm again.

Slowly the color came back to her face and she started to breathe again, Liny opened her eyes again and gave a warm smile to Sabastian, which he returned. Suddenly an arm grabbed Liny and pushed her against the wall, and it was Ellis.

"What the hell, Ellis!? Sabastian yells in anger!

"Liny, That bitch has power," Ellis screamed back.

"What was that, Liny!? Explain yourself!" Ellis also screamed at Liny.

Miles pulled his arm back, trying to get him off Liny.

"Explain what? There's nothing to explain! If anything needs explaining, it's why you hate me so much!" Liny retort.

"Oh, shut up Liny, I know it's not a fucking coincidence, you fall to the table and not even seconds later Sabastian does too? Who are you?"

Liny slaps him across the face, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a bottle of pills. "This."Liny says, throwing the pills at Ellis, "Pills for seizures. I have spasms. If you wanna know about my past, so be it, my mom fucking died of a seizure Ellis, suffered from them for years. It's genetic. Stop being a fucking priss with your big brain. " Liny burst out in tears.

The room fell silent and Ellis stared at the bottle as he backed away. Sabastian stood in the corner, didn't say a word, just looked off into space. V exchanged a glance with Miles, and suddenly ran out the door and down the street.

"'V! Where are you going? It's the middle of the night!"

"I'LL BE BACK!" She called out, an angry and hurt expression on her face.

Liny felt sorry for lying to them. She couldn't blow the mission, not yet. But She also couldn't kill all of them, especially with Sabastian looking at her with his confused face like that. It felt cruel.

"They aren't your friends. They aren't your friends. They aren't your friends." Suddenly, an arm wrapped around Liny.

Sabastian was hugging Her. Surprised, Liny hugged back and he whispered, "It's okay, I don't have a dad either. My dad left me and my family when I was 8."

"I know..." Liny wanted to tell Sabastian everything, but she couldn't.

V burst into her house, ignoring her parents on the way in. She had been ignoring them since they made a decision to send Micheal to Military school, which made V really upset. She ran straight past them and into her room, where a bracelet sat on her dresser. She calmed her breath and picked it up.

It was Liny's; she had left it on the bathroom sink the night of the sleepover. V didn't want to believe it at first, but now she was sure she was right.

The car at the Thai secret base, the bracelet inside the car, her cuts, and scars from the night of the sleepover—it all clicked, and she hadn't bothered to tell anyone about it. She had to do something before it was too late; she really did like Liny, but she didn't want to lose Sabastian again either. It was time to tell everyone the truth. Even though V didn't want to believe it for herself, Liny may want to kill her friends.