Chapter 19

"C.I.A? What is that, an insurance company?" Margaret asks in confusion because as far as she knows, none of her sons have life insurance.

"Cambodia Investigation Agency, ma'am." The agent explains.

"And what is that? If you guys are also police, you should ask Captain Jack instead because he is the lead investigator in my son's missing case." Said Margarate.

"No, ma'am, the police and where I work are two different agencies. To cut it short, we work for the National government, not the local government where your local police work for."

"And why is all of the sudden the CIA interested in my son's missing case? Because as far as my knowledge about this town goes, there are maybe a dozen of missing persons happened for the past five years and I have never seen you guys intervene in one of them?"

"We will explain later, but right now we need you to come with us?"

"I'm not going anywhere, I don't even know "CIA" that you just said even exists or not?" Margaret resists.

"Mrs. Dominics, I warn you, f you do not cooperate with us, we are authorized to use force if it becomes necessary" after telling her that, one of the CIA agents put their hand on his gun."

"Okay, fine no need to involve a gun, I'll go with you guys," Margaret tells the agents before they put a blindfold over her face and guide her back to their cars.

In front of the Sivan's residence, V and Alice are sitting, bored to the death while waiting for their friends, Miles, and Ellis before they head out again to search for their missing friend.

"Hey, you two, what the hell? Can you hurry up?" Alice shouted from the front lawn at the twin's bedroom on the second floor.

"Just another five minutes?" Said Miles, leaning out of his bedroom window.

Miles changed into his spare change of clothes in the bathroom but when he walked out of it, he didn't see his brother Ellis.

"Ellis, where are you? Alice is waiting for us outside in the cold you know?" 

"Here, here." Said Ellis, walking out from behind his brother while holding chocolate chips in his hand.

"Wait, why aren't you changing? "Miles asks as he puts his hand on his hips.

"Uhhh, I'm too cold, can't go out, sorry. " Ellis tells his brother, and Miles knows it well enough that it is just an excuse to not go out with his brother but instead he will sneak out and go to his buddy nerdy friend right next door.

"If you don't go, I'm gonna go down there and tell mom about your last time excuse for not going to school the entire day." Miles smirk when he knows he got his brother by the ball.

 "Alright then, go wait outside I be right there." Said Ellis,

Miles quickly grabs his flashlight and runs downstairs to his bike in the garage.

"Where are you think you going, Miles?" Mrs.Sivan asks.

"Ahh to The Memorial, we just tell you like half an hour ago," Miles explains.

"Oh, right I forgot, okay, But don't forget to be back home by ten o'clock." She tells her son again before walking toward him and giving MIles a kiss on the cheeks.

"Yes, mom, got it, and mom, Ellis also goes too."

"Alright then take care of your brother, okay."

"I will mom." He quickly rushed to kiss mom back in the cheeks before leaving the house through the front door, which for Miles and Ellis, they rarely use it.

at the front of the house, Alice and especially V are not happy about the time they have to spend waiting for the twin out in the cold weather.

"Hey guy, sorry to keep you waiting." Miles apologizes.

"Where is Ellis, Is he coming?" Alice asks.

"I hope he doesn't, I hated that bastard." V adds and Alice laugh a little.

"He coming, don't you worry V," Miles tells her.

Five minutes have passed and there he is, Ellis in the flesh, 

"Why is she here, again?"

"She here to help us. The more people we have searching for Sabastian, the faster we can find him." Alice responds.

"And why are you here too hah, you said that you don't want to get missing, hah?" V asks back.

"I... you son..." Ellis is ready to respond but got cut by his brother.

"Come on guys, let's go, time is not on our side here," Miles tells the rest, and here there go, pedal off into the unknown.

On the way to the site where the police found Sabastian's bike, Miles, Alice and V started talking about the plan to go deep into the Forbidden Forest and what time they will come back, while Ellis is at the back of the pack, humming to himself quietly.

Back at the Dominic's house. There are still about a dozen CIA agents left. They begin their scanning for the energy signature of the portal, it is like they know where the portal has been opened. The energy signature starts to spike in the living room. They take pictures, take the fried kitchen phone back with them, and put it in the box with a sticker on it that said " EVIDENT".