Chapter 25

Miles wakes up to Ellis tapping his shoulder. Miles quickly smacks his brother's hands away.

"I'm sorry," Ellis says bashfully while looking down.

"For?" Miles asks, wanting Ellis to be a little bit specific.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole and snapping at you," Ellis says with a sigh.

"It's okay. You know I am just trying to help," Miles says as he gives his brother a friendly hug.

"I know, I know.." Ellis says as he hugs his brother back.

When Miles breaks apart, he hears Mrs. Sivan calls to tell that breakfast is ready.

"Eggs and Rice this morning. Hope you are hungry," says as he stands.

"Race ya downstairs!" Miles says as he gets a head start.

"Hey! No fair!" Ellis yells from behind him. Miles laughs as he sits in his seat first.

"Woah slow down kids, breakfast first and then you can play," Mr. Sivan says while drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper.

Miles and Ellis quickly finished their breakfast and then took off toward school.

<<<•••>>>

As usual, the boys meet V on the way, but not Alice. Miles starts to wonder where she is but soon forgets about it when he is lost in the small chat with his brother and V. Not so long after that, the three of them make it to school.

Miles and Ellis are separate from V as she waits by the main door for Alice. V smiles at Alice as she begins walking in. She smirks a bit while she puts her arm around V's neck and both of them continue walking to their classroom.

"Sleep well?" V asks politely.

"Sorta. Did you?" Alice asks as she grabs open the classroom door.

"Alright. I think your bed is really comfortable, maybe I gonna consider moving to your house just to sleep on your comfy bed", V says, getting a good laugh back from Alice. V and Alice walk to their table, talking quietly about her 'nightmare'.

V noticed that the boys weren't in their seats. V raises a brow as she stares at their empty seat. On cue, the boys burst through the door.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Philip. Please continue," Miles apologizes as he and his brother make a big commotion sitting down. Ellis leans back.

"We have to meet, all of us. After this class, the police found something in the Forest", Ellis whispers as V and Alice all carefully listen,

"What is it?" Alice asks.

"I heard they say they had found an abandoned temple in the middle of the forest," Miles said.

After hearing what Miles just said, V looks straight at Alice with dead eyes, " it looked like what you just described last night to me about your nightmare."

Ellis overheard what the girls said and ask. "What nightmare?"

The boys look straight at V, V replies " I will tell you later, after class."

"Why, just tell us now? We are both curious human beings," Miles adds.

"It's a long story and you won't believe it," V replies, perking the boy's interest.

Mr. Philip catches V talking as he procrastinates to get his book out of his backpack.

"Silente people." Mr.Philip shouts.

"Sorry, sir." said the four students,

Fifty minutes passed. The bell rang, signaling to all the students in the school that their break time has finally come.

Miles and Ellis, who are seated in front of the girl, turn back and V starts telling the boys about Alice's Nightmare.

"As I told you last night, Alice has a superpower, now do you believe me?" Ellis says to his brother.

"What superpower?" Alice asks.

"Ellis thinks that all of the chaos that happened last night is caused by your superpower. We don't know what type of superpower you have yet, but we want you to test it in the woods this afternoon." Miles explains.

"Superpower, really, are you nuts? Stop reading your stupid comic books from time to time and start reading something that is non-fiction. It benefits your brain more, you know?" V adds with a smirk on her face, like usual.

"You don't believe me, wait till Alcie tests her new ability then, you see!!" Said Ellis.

"And maybe if Alice really has a superpower, and that is a really big IF, that means The witch in Alice's nightmare might also be real too," V adds.

"And Alice can fight that Witch with her newfound power and then we can rescue Sabastain if he is still with the Witch and alive," Ellis continued.

"He is still alive, I can still feel him, scared and tired," Alice mumbles under her breath.

"Let's hope so", Miles adds and the chaotic atmosphere that just happens seconds ago begins to disappear and got replaced with sorrow and sadness.

"What about the abandoned temple? Did the police find anything?" V asks.

"They found some old kid clothes, 10-15 clothes if I heard correctly," Miles replies.

"Have they also found the one that belongs to Sabastain too?" Alice asks, her face starting to glow with happiness again.

"They don't know yet. The police still identify the shirt, and some clothes are too old."

"What about the Witch? Did they find it too?"

"No, when they got there, nobody was in the temple, it was completely empty."

"Lucky Witch bastard, I hope when they find it, they burn it to ashes." Said Ellis.

"Let's hope Sabastain is alive?" Allice adds, and everyone nods their heads.

The bell rings again and the kid's next class starts.

Back in the hallway of the high school, Marty, Mary, and Micheal are chatting about their upcoming exam.

"That's why science doesn't make any damn sense to me," Marty says.

"No, I swear. Look at this. It's totally frostbite." Mary adds.

"Oh, thanks, man. It's a heated pool." Marty mumbles while glares his eyes at Micheal.

"Why are you so sure about this? That's it caused by my pool?" Micheal argues.

"Well, if it's not frostbite, then what is it?" Mary continues.

"Ugh, I don't care what it is, it's disgusting! Get it off the table. We're eating here."

"Ew!"

"Hey, Marty. When you came to school this morning, did you see my brother?" Adeline asks, walking in quietly from behind.

"WHAT?" Mary responded, acting like he didn't pay any attention to Adeline or he just didn't care.

"My two younger brothers. I can't find them here today."

"I seriously have no idea who you're talking about." He laughes.

"Come on, don't be an ass, man. Did you... Did you see them this morning or not?" Micheal steps in and try to be a gentleman to his vulnerable girlfriend. Or is she?

"No, I didn't see them, but I did see their girlfriends," Said Marty.

"Who?" Adeline asks.

"The two young girls that are always with your weird brothers. The one with pale skin, a redhead and the other one with blonde hair," Marty explained.

"Where did you see them?"

"The girl's bathroom, I think?"

"Listen bea... I'm sure they're fine. They're probably just... They're probably just, like, skipping or something."

"Yeah. Yeah, probably, so I'm going to go back to class, bye babe."

"Bye bae." the two kissed.