Chapter 33

Aranya Achara AKA Oung Sovan Liny "Point of View"

"Damn it, fine, I promise," I said, Sabastian smiled in satisfaction then took his eyes off of me. As I felt all control return to my legs, I walked back over to the table, standing behind V.

"So, while you were all freaking out," Miles said, shooting a glance in my direction, "I think I've figured out what the monster is." Miles came over to the table, dropping his open book down and pointing at the page. "That's- that's it!" I squealed, pointing to the picture on the page. It looked just like the monster back at The Kingdom, how it got all the way over here.

"That's the thing that attacked V, right?" I ask,

"Tried to attack her brother," Miles corrected. I lifted my middle finger at him and pretended to scratch my nose. "Up yours, Miles ." Ellis smacked Miles's arm as he did the gesture back (only more conspicuously). "Miles, what is it?" Ellis asked, directing our attention back to the book. Miles looked up at me, then at Sabastian, whispering, "It's The Banshee "

"The what now, " Sabastian repeats in confusion.

"What the hell is the Banshee?" Jackson asks.

"Shouldn't you know? You just fought one." Micheal remarks,

"Shut up, Micheal." Jackson smacked the joking boy upside the head, making V smack her brother in response.

"No hitting," she scolded.

Micheal laughed. "Damn, you're more of a mom than he is." V and her brother both smacked him in response. "Ow! Watch it, assholes, that hurt!"

Ellis laughed, then straightened out his face. "Guys, we need to be serious," he said.

"Sebastian, how did the Banshee get into Lakewood?"

"I..." Sebastian trailed off. "I don't know."

Looking around, I noticed that the others were weirdly calm about this. "How are you not more freaked out by this?" I asked incredulously. "Well, it's not like we haven't dealt with this before," Miles responded with a duh look on his face.

"What?" "Shit." V smacked Miles's arm, everyone else glaring at the Brothers. I crossed my arms.

 "What the hell do you mean, you've 'dealt with this before?"

"Well, you see," Ellis started. "Sebastian was taken by the Witch in the seventh grade, then the Witch nearly turns him into one of that creatures. Let's just say that we're experienced in the monster field."

I stared at everyone, their blank faces giving away nothing, and started laughing, I know he lying because I can read his mind, he was still scared of that monster to this day.

"You guys are so convincing! I mean, that whole story, the monster costume. You're a little too dedicated to pranks if you ask me." I acted dumb because I don't want them to suspect me because I know V is, but I'm not sure, her mind is strong.

"It's not a prank!" Miles insisted.

"So you really fought one of these things before? "Miles nods "And you're, like, totally, 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" I insisted to ask the same question again and again because I want to see their reaction and how much they knew about the monster.

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us? Just go home." Ellis replies with an attitude,

"Geesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" I stand up and changed my seat to sit next to Sebastian and V, the only few people in the room that didn't act like an asshole.