Chapter 36

"Ok so, first things first, Micheal, you have the compass?" Miles asked eyeing Micheal.

"Right here." Micheal shows,

"Ok so let's break down the plan again-."

"We've already done this a million times Miles, we get it," Adeline said, anxious and nervous about the plan to take action.

"So first, V and I, we drop off Sabastian with Liny, and we meet up with everyone else. Adeline, Simon, and Jackson, you guys will distribute weapons and drive everyone to the woods. Then we kids use the compass with the senses Sabastian has told us to find the Witch. Then all of us kids make a hideout and walkie-talkie tower while the older people try to get into the Witch hideout if it's protected."

"Remember everyone, we leave Sabastian with Liny at her apartment, and we are only investigating today, not trying to kill the Witch."

Everyone nodded in agreement as Sabastian nervously turned to V. "Okay, let's go, I'm ready."

Aranya Achara's POV

At my place, I paced around the room for the 100th time that day, going over the plan over and over again. The right Spell to enchant Sabastian and make him pass out, and the guns were lined up and loaded under the bed just in case. Master Sovan's two agents were ready outside in the parking lot.

And I was rested and ready to use my powers. A part of me was nervous though, not because he would be stronger than me, but because I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to do it.

"Hey, Liny!" I opened the door to see a suspicious-looking V and an extremely nervous-looking Sabastain, who was carrying a sleeping bag. I let them in and started a movie to get comfortable. Soon after, the movie got boring so we decided to play a game every teenager seemed to love. Truth or Dare.

"How do you not know how to play truth or dare?!" I said to Sabastian, causing him to become a little panicked. I could tell he was not a normal teenager, but one that didn't really know how the world worked just yet.

"It's okay, I'll start. Liny, Truth or Dare?" V asked.

"Truth," I said. This one is honestly more risky than the dare.

"So who really is your dad? Like cmon, he has guns in his house, he's a "hunter" but we never see him around or anything, and you never talked about him." She said, smirking.

"He works kinda outside town. Multiple jobs as a hunter and a businessman I guess it's complicated." V eyed me again and laughed. "He's obviously a drug dealer right?" She said, turning to Sabastian.

"You don't have to hide it from me, I'm not gonna report him or anything; I'm your friend." She said.

"Yeah, I might not know you too well, but I can keep a secret," Sabastian said laughing as well.

"Well, you caught me I guess!" Laughing along. When really the thought of my dad and that question hurt me more than anything. My dad was actually a scientist before everything,

One of the most brilliant internationally. And my mom, she owned her own restaurant. I was in a perfect family until we moved to Thailand. Everything could have turned out so much different if we move to Cambodia instead.

"Liny! Are you good? I zoned out there!" V said snapping in my face.

I nodded and continued with the game, but this time I let my curiosity get the best of me.

"Sabastian. Truth or Dare?" Sabastian looked up at me and smiled saying, truth very quietly.

"How did you get kidnapped?" Both V and Sabastian's faces dropped and they looked at each other with intense, pale faces.

"My dad, my dad wanted me back because the court ruled out that my mom should have me instate of him, so he kidnaped me, faked my death." He said, looking down the entire time.

I could see the pain there, it was clear, and it hurt. I knew exactly what it was, like to live my life in a lie, and these people; V, Sabastian, Miles, Ellis, Micheal, Jackson, everyone, was living the same life of torture and agony. But they all had each other, I had no one. I clutched my bracelet, so badly wanting to show the scar mark on my wrist, but I couldn't. I couldn't run away from everything because the government would find me one way or another, and they have my mom. my poor sister, barely alive brother whose life was dependent on me to complete my missions.

"Hey V! the math project is ready for Tomorrow!" The tension in the room was broken when everyone turned to look at V's Radio, which Miles was suddenly speaking out of. I knew it had to be a code for something because the girls started to rummage about and V, who was a terrible liar, started to panic about her math project. "I can't believe I forgot! Shit! I need to go to Miles's house! I left my project and textbook there! I'm so sorry girls, enjoy the sleepover together please I'll see you guys tomorrow morning maybe! Ugh bye!" And like that she was out the door, not letting me ask her any questions.

I turn around to Sabastian and say, "Well guess it's just us now." He smiled back at me and said, "Why don't we finish the game?" The next question was a dare and a horrible one at that. "I dare you to take my walkie-talkie," Sabastian said handing it over. "And radio Ellis and tell him you like him." My eyes widened.

"NO! I'm not doing that! I don't like him anyway, he an asshole." I said playfully throwing the radio back at her.

"Cmon! You know you like him, I can SEE you blushing!" I put my hand on top of my heart as I felt my heart start to beat faster and my face gets hot. It started to get so hot actually, that as Sabastian teased, a trickle of blood dripped down my ears and onto the rug of my bedroom floor.

Suddenly the teasing from Sabastian stopped and Sabastian looked at me strangely. I stood there for a minute just staring at each other in suspicion before finally, I got up to wipe the blood. This was going to be a long night.