Chapter 32

*V's POV*

"What happened?" Micheal asked as he was ushered downstairs to Miles's garage.

"What the hell was that thing?"

"Language!" I heard Miles's father, Mr. Sivan shouts from the living room. I rolled my eyes before looking around the garage. It hasn't changed since I last came down here.

"Hey, Miles, Ellis," Micheal said to the boys sitting in the garage, who were listening to their Casset player.

Ellis looked at Micheal in confusion. "Why are you still here?"

"By a miracle, V's Brother is hung out with him and now V's brother is in danger and we need to figure out a way to save him," Miles explained to his brother.

"Yeah, I'm here for your help. I heard your friend say you are an expert at this monster shit thing?" Micheal said.

"Okay gather up, We have a... situation." Miles's face darkened.

"A 'situation'? Like, a Witch situation?"

"Yes, the situation that Sabastain prepped us for, to be prepped if the creature ever comes back", Miles adds.

"And where is Sabastain now?", I ask.

"He is in school right now, I don't want him to be involved in these things again, he's been through enough," Miles replies back to me.

Speak of the devils, Sabastian, and the new girl rushes through the kitchen door like he knows what has happened.

"What is the situation here?" Sebastian asks.

"The creature is back, he got my brother" I answered.

But the new girl, her behavior makes her look so suspicious when she hears about the creature, her facial expression changes instantly, like she also knows about the witch, the creature, and all that supernatural kinds of stuff.

"How do you know, it back, back?"Ellis asks Sabastain, the obvious question that everyone seems to avoid.

"Duh, you forgot, he also has a superpower like Alice, but the difference is he cant shoot lighting like Alice," I remain,

Ellis acts like he never knew about Sabastain and Alice's superpower, what a jackass.

"What, Alice, the girl who dies in the car accident last year? She can shoot lighting...In like an energy kind of thing?"

"Yeah, Superpowers. She channels the power within her body, then threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up." I try to bring Micheal up to speed, but sure enough, the new girl didn't seem so surprised at all by the fact that I just said one of our friends can shoot lighting with her mind,.....Strange.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Micheal ask the new girl, he didn't know who she is, I mean why should he know who she is, I mean she just starts school yesterday.

"I'm Liny. I study with them" The new girl reply,

But I don't know, but the new girl gives me a weird vibe,

And why is she sweating? She stands in front of the freaking fan and she is still sweating,

She has cancer or something. If she has cancer, that explains why she has white hair,

All of a sudden, the basement door burst open, and I heard footsteps running down to join the group.

"Brother!" I screamed, running to my brother and engulfing him in a hug. He laughed, rustling my hair. "Hey, Squirt." Micheal, Ellis, and Miles ran over to join us in a group hug; Liny and Sabastain stayed sitting down.

"Jackson, what was it?" Miles asked, wrapping his arms around my big brother.

"Sit down."

We all found a seat somewhere around the garage. Ellis, Miles, Micheal, and Me all sat at the little round table, while Sabastain and Liny sat on either side of me on the couch. We all impatiently waited for my brother to start talking.

"Guys, there's a monster in our town," my brother stated simply, but seriously.

Ellis finally spoke up again. "A monster? What'd it look like?"

I decided to speak up. "Like the one we saw before, but this time it has four arms and two legs with two horns."

Sebastian stared at me. "You saw it?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "It tried to attack me. But my brother stabbed it in the back."

Miles stood up dramatically. He's definitely the self-appointed leader. "We have to do something. Now. Before it tries to hurt one of us." Sebastian looked at me, then at Miles.

"It already did. Like it or not, Jackson and Micheal are one of us now, and Liny also, they have to be."

"Why?" Miles snapped.

"It tried to hurt V and his brother, not Liny? And it's not like she is actually beneficial to us."

"Careful," Sebastian interjected.

Liny stood up, slightly towering over Miles. "Listen, Miles. I might not be part of your little Nerd Herd group, but I can still kick your ass. So stop being a little bitch, and accept the fact that I'm here. At least for now."

Miles glared at Liny, stepping way closer than Liny was comfortable with. "I don't know what your problem is, new girl, but you can't talk to us that way. Any of us. You're lucky to be here right now, and if you're not more careful, we can send you right back out with that monster."

"Stop it, Miles," Sebastian said, pushing him back, then turning to face Liny. "Come with me." He took her arm again and pulled Liny away from the group, into the bathroom, and closed the door.

I don't know what they were talking about in that bathroom, but I'm sure enough that Sebastian has a feeling for the new girl. He never acted like this before that except for Alice.

They were in there for a whole five minutes, and finally they came out. Liny now decides to stand next to me, so I decided to give her a girl-to-girl talks

"Look, everything's gonna be fine, okay? Sebastian isn't going to let you go anywhere near that monster, and neither will I. I'm sure Ellis and Miles would protect you, and my brother and his friend Micheal are normally pretty cool about being team players, too."

"So, what? Am I just your little team mascot now? The one you have to protect?" Liny was getting both angry and indignant at this point, not even letting me speak.

"Well, no thanks, okay? I can take care of myself- no nerds required."

Liny reached for the door, but Sabastain stood in front of it. "It's not safe," he said, looking at Liny dead in the eyes. "We don't even know what we're up against yet, so it would be suicide for you to leave unaccompanied."

Liny looked right back at him, more serious than she'd been all day. "Bullshit." Pushing Sebastian out of the way, she opened the door to the laundry room and made a beeline for the stairs.

She tried to run, but she couldn't move her legs. Straining and straining, I turn back at Sebastian, I saw him look so focus at Liny. I'm pretty sure he is the one that makes her stand still, so is that mean Sebastian also has a superpower, but why wait all these months, and just tell us now.

"Don't. Run." Whipping his head around, Sebastian stared at Liny with intense concentration, he sweating all over his face.

"What the hell?" said angry Liny.

"Promise me you won't run," he said aggressively.

"You better stop-"Liny said back.

"Promise me!" He screamed.

Liny looks at me and Ellis, who was acting as if this were totally normal. The others were just nonchalantly watching Liny as well.

Except for Miles, who was immersed in a big book whose title I couldn't see.