2

Now attending UA, many years had passed since Kirishima first found out about his soulmate's issue. It turns out, his mother had been right. It had started out just a few times a month, tiny flowers falling from the side of his torso, but as he entered 7th grade, it increased, petals now coming more frequently, every week, and eventually twice a week. As he had moved into 8th grade, the petals began coming from not only his torso, but also his hips, then upper thighs, then lower thighs, then inner thighs too. By the time he was enrolled in UA, Kirishima woke up nearly every morning either his pajama pants or bed sheets filled to the brim with full grown flowers rather than the tiny petals it had started as. His soulmate never seemed to harm themself during the daytime, so Kirishima had never trailed flower petals around in public or had anyone else find out without him directly telling them, and he was thankful for that, but Kirishima couldn't stop worrying about his soulmate's wellbeing and safety. With how much worse it had gotten over the years, Kirishima was terrified to see how much worse it could get in the future. He was terrified to see what would happen if he wasn't able to find his soulmate and get them help. It was already so bad, and Kirishima couldn't see how it could possibly get any worse without his soulmate's life being endangered.

One day, Kirishima was assigned Todoroki as a sparring partner. As they began sparring, some of their classmates began gathering around to watch, having already completed their own sparring matches. Todoroki threw the first attack, which Kirishima easily dodged. Then, Kirishima attempted to get closer to Todoroki in order to attack back, dodging to his left as he thought Todoroki was about to attack his right, but his prediction was incorrect as a spike of ice grazed his leg, dark red blood immediately dripping to the ground. The two boys were about to continue sparring, but then Mina yelled something that made both of them pause.

"Oh my god, are you two soulmates?" She yelled.

Kirishima's head quickly spun towards Mina, seeing that Midoriya standing just next to her had flower petals falling down from his leg, in the exact same spot that Kirishima's leg had been hit by Todoroki's ice. "I- Midoriya?" Kirishima whispered, his eyes wide in shock as he tried his best to not cry or reveal Midoriya's secret to the rest of his classmates. To his surprise, Midoriya didn't look scared as he expected - instead, he looked just as sad and concerned as Kirishima did, if not even more-so.

Kirishima looked over to Todoroki. When they made eye contact, Todoroki just nodded at him, letting Kirishima know that it was okay - that he should go to Midoriya and they can just continue their sparring match another day. Kirishima and Midoriya quickly found themselves together, in a tight embrace. Midoriya's face was shoved into the crook of Kirishima's neck, and Kirishima's arms were wrapped tightly around Midoriya's back, purposefully avoiding his sides (because just the previous night, Kirishima found himself laying in his bed, watching flowers fall from that exact spot).

"Let's go talk, Kirishima," Midoriya whispered, pulling away from the hug and grabbing his hand, leading him away from the rest of their classmates and towards the locker rooms just next to their training fields.

Once they were inside and away from the rest of the students, Midoriya was the first to speak.

"Kirishima, are you...alright? I mean, well, uh... have you been harming yourself?" As soon as the words left Midoriya's mouth he began quickly mumbling, "I'm sorry I probably shouldn't've asked, of course you've been harming yourself. Who else would it be? And you probably don't even want to talk about it anyways-"

Kirishima placed his hand on Midoriya's shoulder, interrupting him mid sentence. "Dude, I was about to ask you the same thing. It wasn't me." Kirishima lifted his shirt, revealing his sides and stomach, clear of any scars. "I thought the flowers were coming from you."

Midoriya looked up in confusion, reaching his hand towards Kirishima's torso for half a second, nearly skimming the scarless skin with his fingers, and then quickly pulling away. "It's not me either," Midoriya whispered, pulling his own shirt up, revealing one or two scars that were obviously from training and fights, not from self-harm.

"So... do we have a third soulmate or something? Unless there was a mistake and we're not..." Kirishima said, spouting out nearly every word that came to his mind.

"It has to be a third soulmate. Or else we wouldn't both know about... you know what I mean."

Kirishima nodded, agreeing with Midoriya, then once again spoke. "Before we go back...Can I...hug you again?"

Without responding, Midoriya threw himself into Kirishima's arms, nearly knocking the other boy over. "It's hard knowing they're out there struggling, isn't it," Midoriya whispered. "But at least we have each other now."

}{

"Hey guys, guess what!" Mina said excitedly as she walked into the classroom, Midoriya and Kirishima following just behind her. "Kiri and Midoriya are soulmates!" She yelled.

There were waves of 'wait seriously's and 'congragulations's across the whole classroom. Out of the corner of his eye, Kirishima saw Bakugo rushing out of the classroom, but didn't think much of it - it's not like that was too abnormal, for Bakugo to run around doing whatever the hell he wanted, even sometimes missing class because of it.

}{

Fuck. I knew I was soulmates with Deku. I would've told him, if I ever made it to eighteen, but now he has Kirishima. Dumb fucking Deku won't even want me. Dumb fucking me for thinking that he would ever want me in the first place.

They went home together today. I wonder if they're having a good time together. They probably are - they found each other, so why would they ever go looking for their other soulmate? That is if I even am Kirishima's soulmate too. Maybe I'm only Deku's. Maybe Deku didn't even tell him he had another soulmate, so that he and Kirishima can be happy together, and not have to worry about his dumb fucking depressed soulmate.

He'll never find out it's me anyways, so what's the point anymore?

}{

wc: 1000

Ty for reading!

If anyone needs anything or has questions feel free to reach out <3