15

Bakugo was home, just for one night, as he had been doing once a week or so, cause it wasn’t like he could just move out of his house and never see his parents again. Midoriya didn’t know what was wrong with him, but he just couldn’t stop himself from spiraling. He couldn’t call Kirishima - he just couldn’t tell Kirishima he was still thinking about harming himself. And, he definitely couldn’t tell Kirishima that he had done it before, and he was about to do it again. Like blade already in hand and pants pulled down about to do it again. It wasn’t like he could call Bakugo either. Bakugo needed his sleep, and with his mental state, Midoriya didn’t want to put this on Bakugo. Before he even had a chance to think of the consequences, his legs were covered in angry red marks.

It felt like his legs were burning and Midoriya couldn’t stop crying because, fuck, he couldn’t believe how badly it hurt. He couldn’t believe how long Bakugo had stood this pain, because the damage to Midoriya’s legs right now wasn’t even close to a fraction of what Bakugo had done to himself over just the past year. He sobbed, the tears would not stop, and Midoriya couldn’t breathe.

His phone dinged, and he could see a message from Bakugo. ‘im coming over.’ was all it said.  Ten minutes later, Midoriya’s bedroom door quietly opened, and Bakugo stepped in, shutting the door behind him.

“I locked your front door behind me. You should really lock that before you go to bed,” Bakugo said. He knew it was just because Inko was working a night shift, and she frequently forgot her keys, but saying that was much easier than talking about why he was there in the first place. “What happened?”

“I just couldn't stop thinking.”

Bakugo sat down next to Midoriya, pulling a first aid kit and a pile of already-stained washcloths from his bag and pressing them down onto Midoriya’s thighs trying to soak the blood.

“It hurts,” Midoriya rasped, trying to hold back his tears (and not succeeding, as they fell down his face, caressing his cheeks). “Please, stop, it hurts,” he cried.

“Bear with me, Izuku. Trust me, it’ll hurt a lot worse if you get an infection.”

“I’m trying, but it hurts, so bad,” he sputtered out as Bakugo added an extra layer of cloth, continuing to put pressure on the wounds.

Bakugo lifted one hand to Midoriya’s face, wiping away the tears and brushing the hair from his eyes. “You’re strong, you’ll be okay. It’ll be over soon,” he whispered.

When Micoriya’s legs were covered in gauze, and both boys were comfortably wrapped in a blanket, Bakugo spoke again. “I was up,” he said, “you should have called me.”

“I’m sorry.” Midoriya leaned over, letting himself lay in Bakugo’s lap. Bakugo ran his fingers through Midoriya’s curly hair.

“Eijiro needs to know about this,” Bakugo said. “It’s happened two times now, and he still doesn’t know that you’ve ever done this.” Midoriya tensed in Bakugo’s lap.

“I can’t do it. I can’t tell him.”

“I’m not saying you have to tell him today, tomorrow, but you can’t keep it from him forever.”

“What do I tell him tomorrow? He’ll still see the flowers,” Midoriya asked.

“I’ll… I’ll cover for you,” Bakugo said, even if it was against his better judgment. He remembered the last time this had happened, and he had said if it ever happened again, he would go tell Kirishima, but here he was, doing the exact opposite. Bakugo continued, “But, you need to call me next time you feel like this, and… You need to tell him eventually.”