16

He knew he had to go home for more than just one night, getting home at 8pm and leaving at 7 am at some point. Bakugo couldn’t just keep living at his boyfriends’ houses. He could stay at his boyfriends’ houses whenever he wanted without his parents caring (mostly because they didn’t know where he was) but they might start to have a problem with it if he literally never came home.

The first night home went just fine. There were no relapses, no incidents with Mitsuki, and they all met each other to walk to school together the next day, and the second day was the same. It wasn’t until the third day that they ran into a problem. It was near one am and Bakugo couldn’t sleep, so he had begun cleaning his bedroom. He picked up piles of clothes from the floor, quietly brought all his dirty dishes down to the kitchen, and then began cleaning up his desk. He put a few books back onto the shelf, straightened out his papers - mostly completed homeworks that had already been graded. When he picked up his journal though, he heard a clink. There was a blade laying on his desk that had fallen out of the journal. It was an old one - one of his favorites from the time that he had quit using, solely because he had lost it. At least now he knew where it went.

In a moment of adrenaline, he pulled off his shirt and quickly pulled it against his side. Shit. Fuck fuck godammit I shouldn’t’ve done that. Eijiro will know. Izuku will know. Everything froze. The panic subsided, and he couldn’t feel anything anymore. Since I already did one, since they’ll already find out anyway, I might as well do more. They probably won't want me alone for a while after this so I won’t have any more chances. He slid his pants down to his knees and sat on the floor, with the blade in hand. He quickly dragged it across each of his thighs repeatedly, then across his sides and chest too. Each time, he tried to go just a bit deeper, each cut taking a second longer to turn from white to red than the last. Between the exhaustion and blood loss, Bakugo ended up passing out on the floor of his bedroom, a puddle of dark red surrounding his legs.

}{

When Midoriya awoke, something felt off. He laid in bed for a moment, then noticed something itching at his thighs. He lifted the covers to see a large pile of flowers - much larger than it had usually been, before Bakugo was trying to get clean. Midoriya immediately grabbed his phone off his nightstand and called Bakugo, but the call went to voicemail. He called two more times and the same happened, so he hopped out of bed, quickly throwing on his school uniform, writing a note for his mother, grabbing his school bag, and running out his front door. It took him five minutes to reach Bakugo’s household. He was about to knock on the front door, but once he realized that Mitsuki and Masaru were probably home, he thought better of it. Walking around the side of the house, Midoriya made his way to Bakugo’s window. He couldn’t quite see inside, but he still knew which window it was. He tapped on the window, quiet at first, but every few seconds he would knock a bit louder.

“Shut the fuck up,” Bakugo yelled from inside.

“Kacchan, it’s me. Open your damn window,” Midoriya yelled back.

Midoriya couldn’t hear what Bakugo said next, but he could tell it was some sort of series of curses. A few moments later, Izuku could hear the window creaking open, and then a grumble of ‘come in’ coming from inside. Midoriya struggled to pull himself up, but once he got his arms over the windowsill, he was able to pull himself the rest of the way inside, only scraping up his knees on the brick a tiny bit.

“It’s six fifteen in the fucking morning, ‘zuku,” Bakugo mumbled, still nowhere near being truly awake.

“Flowers. There were so many flowers, Kacchan.” Midoriya began to cry as he stepped forward, pulling Bakugo into his embrace. Since it was still so early, the room was nearly fully dark, Midoriya couldn’t see Bakugo’s injuries, and he couldn’t see the puddle of blood on the floor. He led Bakugo to the bed, having him lay down, and then sat down just next to him. “Tell me, what happened?” Midoriya asked.