10

“Please pick up, please pick up,” Inko mumbled to herself as the phone rang.

“Honey,, it’s like 2 am here, what’s going on?,” A voice from the other side said.

“Sorry for calling you so late, Hisashi, I just really needed to talk to you.”

“Did something happen?”

“You remember Izuku’s soulmate was struggling with self-harm, right”

“Yeah?”

“And you remember that Izuku found his soulmate, but that wasn’t the soulmate who was struggling with self-harm.”

“Yeah? Did he find his other soulmate?”

“Y-yeah. You probably won’t remember him but, it’s Mitsuki and Masaru’s kid.”

“. . .”

“What do I do? Mitsuki and Masaru know but they’re obviously not trying to help him get better if Izuku’s trailing the flowers all over the place nearly every single day.”

“I don’t know what you can do In this situation. . . I can’t believe that Mitsuki and Masaru know and are acting like they don’t care. You should check that they really do know, and if they do. . . the least you can do is be there for him and support him in place of his own parents.”

“Thank you, honey.”

“You’re welcome. I miss you and love you.”

“I miss you and love you too. I hope you can get some more sleep.”

}{

“Hey guys?” Bakugo said. Both Kirishima and Midoriya paused to see what Bakugo needed. “I’m getting kinda tired.”

“I’ll go grab some extra blankets and pillows then,” Midoriya said, jumping up and running out of his room. When he returned, arms filled to the brim with a comforter and a pile of pillows, he continued, “One of you two can take the bed.”

Kirishima insisted that Bakugo take the bed, wanting him to get the best sleep he could, but Bakugo kept refusing. Judging by the deep purple shadowing underneath Bakugo’s eyes, he needed whatever sleep he could get, and Kirishima knew that he had the best chance of getting the best sleep he could in a real bed. He usually liked how stubborn Bakugo was - it was a big part of his personality, that Kirishima would never want to get rid of - but in moments like these, it was honestly more difficult than it was endearing. He just wanted to do anything he could to ensure Bakugo would be okay, but Bakugo was not cooperating, whether that was just due to his pride, or whether it was something else.

“Listen, idiot,” Bakugo snapped, interrupting Kirishima, “I don’t want to be all alone on the fucking bed while you two get lovey-dovey together on the floor.” Bakugo sat down onto the pile of blankets and continued saying, “Please just don’t make me take the bed…please…” His voice was much more pleading than he would’ve liked.

Oh. That’s why he was being so stubborn. He didn’t want to be alone.

“Is it okay if I sleep on the floor too then?” Kirishima asked.

“Whatever,” Bakugo mumbled back. Please do, he thought. Please don’t make me stay alone.

Bakugo stood up, helping shift around the pillows and blankets until there was enough room for three people rather than two, and then immediately flopped back onto the home-made palette as soon as it was finished. With a sigh, Bakugo’s eyes fell shut, but then he felt movement behind him. He could tell by the person’s build that it was Kirishima, trying to lay up against him. As Kirishima scooted forward, pressing his torso against Bakugo’s back, Bakugo flinched away, causing a look of concern to immediately cross Kirishima’s face. He hadn’t meant to flinch, but it wasn’t a voluntary motion, so it’s not like it was his fault. Even if he hadn’t meant to, he knew he couldn’t hide it. He knew Kirishima had noticed, and maybe Midoriya too, and he really didn’t want to have to admit to anything of that sort.