20

2 fucking days into junior year and it already feels like im fucking dying oh my god ap calc makes me want to kms and i actully like math😭

good luck to yall in school esp. any juniors cause oh my god they were not kidding saying how hard it is

-

“Where’s Kacchan?” Midoriya asked. Kirishima was standing at the corner where they usually met, but Bakugo was nowhere in sight. Midoriya reached for his phone to call Bakugo, but instead, saw a message.

‘Don’t wait for me - I’ll be at school early today.’ Delivered 4:12 am

They were both concerned from that message, sensing that something was wrong, and quickly began heading for the school. When they arrived, Midoriya sent a message, asking where Bakugo was when they found he was nowhere to be seen in the classroom.

Within a minute, he got a response saying ‘teacher lounge’. When the two boys walked into the teacher lounge, they found that their boyfriend was sitting on the sofa, a cat in his lap, and Aizawa drinking a mug of coffee just next to him.

“What’s going on Kats?” Kirishima asked.

“Just had a bad night. Called him.” Bakugo gestured to the teacher sitting next to him. “And this is the sweetest cat I have ever met,” He said, continuing to stroke Miso’s back as she laid, purring in his lap. Since Bakugo and Miso had gotten along so well (and Bakugo had seemed to need the extra comfort) Aizawa had ended up bringing her to school with them.

“Bad night?” Midoriya questioned.

“Yea… the old hag was being bitchy, I didn’t wanna be alone, so I called Mr. Aizawa.”

Midoriya glanced over his boyfriend, trying to visibly check that everything was alright. He had no visible injuries, no bruises which wouldn’t usually cause flowers depending on the severity. He seemed happy - content - where he was, with the cat in his lap, and laying on the sofa comfortably, just inches between him and Aizawa.

“Bakugo, if you would like, you can do your work here today. With Midoriya and Kirishima too. I’m not sure you’re quite up to going into class today, and you don’t have a uniform.”

Bakugo hesitated, but eventually agreed, as did Midoriya and Kirishima. For the whole morning, the three boys sat together in the teacher lounge, working through their assignments, rotating between sitting on the sofa and on the floor at the coffee table. Every hour or so, a teacher would enter the room, greeting the three boys. Considering there were no questions asked, they guessed Aizawa had already told the teachers. At lunch, Midoriya ventured down to the cafeteria, returning with three trays of that day’s school lunch: rice, beef and vegetable stir-fry, soup, and a small packet of cookies.

It wasn’t until mid-afternoon that they asked about the previous night.

“What really happened last night,” Kirishima asked.

“What do you mean? The old hag was just being a bitch.”

“What happened that made you need to call Aizawa?”

“She essentially said she didn’t want a gay son living in her house… I went off the deep end, and was convinced that meant she wanted a gay son dead in her house.” Bakugo’s voice shifted into a whisper, nearly fearful of the response he would get to telling them the truth.

“What- Did you… do anything?” Midoriya asked, scooting closer to Bakugo until the sides of their thighs touched.

“No. I panicked a bit, but before I did anything, I called Mr. Aizawa. He came to pick me up around two in the morning. He offered to take me to your guys’ places, but I… I just went to his place ‘cause he was already awake.”

“Did he help you?”

“Yea. He made me tea, let me hold his cat. He sat with me on the sofa for hours, watching cartoons and shit ‘til I finally passed out.”

“I’m glad you called him, Bakugo,” Kirishima said, grabbing his hand and squeezing. “And I’m sorry that you had to go through that.”

“It’s okay. I’m feeling a lot better now.”

“I know, Kacchan… I know you did everything you were supposed to, but… Would you be okay with staying at my house - or Kirishima’s - for a little while…”

“Are you kidding?” Bakugo yelled. “I would rather stay with you guys. I just went home occasionally when I got worried about staying over too much.”

“You don’t need to worry about that,” Kirishima said. “We love it when you stay over, and both my mom and Inko do too.”

}{

It was Saturday morning, and Bakugo wasn’t responding to his messages. Bakugo had spent the previous night at his house, and Kirishima was busy going and seeing family  out of town, and Midoriya was getting more concerned by the minute. He checked his watch, looking to see if it was already past nine, when Mitsuki left for work, and it was.

He grabbed his backpack, threw a few snacks, some cozy clothes, and a journal into it, let his mother know he was leaving, and went on his way towards Bakugo’s house. Summer was nearing, and Midoriya was glad it was still so early in the morning, because he could tell that it was not going to be a nice day to be outside. When he knocked on the front door, he was greeted by Masaru.

“You’re… Izuku,” Masaru said, his voice masked with a questioning tone. He stepped to the side, allowing Midoriya to step inside. Masaru had obviously recently gotten up, with his disheveled hair, nearly full cup of coffee, and the bathrobe, t-shirt, and plaid pj pants. “Katsuki’s still in bed I’m pretty sure, but I doubt he’ll mind if you go ahead and go in.”

“Yes sir, I am,” Midoriya responded.

“Katsuki’s soulmate?” he asked, then corrected himself by saying, “One of Katsuki’s soulmates.”

“You know? That he- he has two soulmates?” Midoriya whispered.

“Yes, I know. And I know he’s been staying with you - and the red haired kid. I wanted to thank both of you for taking care of him. He seems to really need that time away from here.” Midoriya nodded along, a small smile creeping in on his face as he realized how truly different Mitsuki and Masaru were. “I’m assuming you’re here to see him. I think he’s still sleeping, but he won’t mind if you go ahead and go in. It’s the last room on the left.”

“Thank you, Mr. Bakugo,” Midoriya said, and then shuffled off towards Bakugo’s bedroom.

“Kacchan, you up?” Midoriya said, standing just inside the doorway. It was still early, but with the time that Bakugo went to bed, it was rare for Bakugo to sleep past 6:30, even on weekends.

Bakugo grumbled back, pulling the covers over his head. Walking over and sitting on the edge of his bed, Midoriya placed a hand over what he assumed was Bakugo’s shoulder.

“What’s going on, honey?” he asked.

“Never called me that before,” Bakugo mumbled, ignoring Midoriya’s question.

Midoriya pulled back the covers just enough to reveal Bakugo’s head. Despite the blanket now being wrapped around Bakugo’s neck, Midoriya still could not see his face, as it was buried into a pillow.

“What’s going on?” Midoriya asked again. “You’re usually up three hours before now, at least.”

“I’ve been up for like four.”

“And you haven’t gotten out of bed at all?” Bakugo shook his head. Midoriya reached his hand down, turning Bakugo’s face to face him, and his face was nothing but pure exhaustion.

}{

wc: 1200