3

That day, Midoriya came over to Kirishima’s house after school. Nearly as soon as they got to his house, and made their way to Kirishima’s bedroom, both boys froze, a feeling of dread fully overcoming both of them.

“Shit..” Midoriya whispered.

Kirishima sunk to the ground in front of his bed in defeat, and Midoriya proceeded to do the same just next to him, resting his head onto Kirishima’s shoulder. The flowers that now scattered the floor, having fallen from underneath both Kirishima and Midoriya’s shirts. Midoriya reached down to the ground, picking up one of the flowers - an orange and golden-yellow marigold.

“Isn’t it so ironic,” Midoriya whispered, holding out the marigold in front of the two of them, “How pain creates such beautiful things.”

Kirishima just took the flower from Midoriya’s hand, holding it up close to his face, looking at each and every tiny petal.

“They’ve never..done this during the day before. Ever.” Kirishima said. “I wonder what made today so different for them.”

“I doubt it, but… what if they’re in our class? What if it’s ‘cause they know. Cause we found each other, but they didn’t.”

“Maybe that could be it. It won’t do you any good to think about it too much though.”

Then, there was a knock at the door. “I brought you boys a snack,” Kirishima’s mother said from outside, walking in holding a tray of apples, peanut butter, and crackers, just a second later.

“Thanks mama,” Kirishima said. Hikari was about to leave the room, but Kirishima stopped her, saying, “Hey, can we talk for a second?”

She stepped further into the room, sitting down on the floor next to her son and Midoriya, asking what was going on.

“Well… Midoriya is- Izuku is my soulmate.”

“Oh cariño…” She whispered towards Midoriya, reaching out a hand and setting it comfortingly on the boy’s shoulder.

“But,” Kirishima continued. “He’s not the one the flowers are from…we both have a third soulmate, and…I hope you’re okay with that.”

“Of course I am, Eijiro.”

Hikari wrapped her son in a tight embrace, and then proceeded to do the same to Midoriya, letting him lean into her arms.

}{

Six months had passed since Kirishima and Midoriya had found out they were soulmates, and they felt no closer to finding their third soulmate than they did on the first day they met. It seemed like their relationship had become a bit more normal - or at least as normal as it can be when you know that you have another soulmate who is severely struggling and you can’t even find. In addition to that, it seemed that since they had found each other, their soulmate’s self-harm had just gotten worse.

“Can I please have a honeydew boba smoothie?” Kirishima asked, standing at the front counter of their local pho restaurant.

“And I’ll have an avocado boba smoothie,” Midoriya added.

When they went to sit down and wait for their smoothies, the two boys began talking about their upcoming school assignments. Their most recent assignment had been a free-choice essay, having to do with any historical event that they chose. Kirishima had ended up writing an essay on the 1904 Olympics, whereas Midoriya had chosen to write an in-depth hero analysis (which was no surprise to anyone).

Just after they had gotten their smoothies, the two boys looked down to find their table had gathered a small pile of flowers, falling from one line on their outer-arm just below the elbow. Both Kirishima and Midoriya were hoping that it wasn’t the usual reason for there to be flowers, and considering there was only one and the location, Kirishima and Midoriya were probably right.

“I have an idea,” Midoriya said, already reaching for his phone.

‘Did anyone get an injury on their right forearm just now? My friend who hasn’t found their soulmate yet has some flowers coming from there and I thought I might as well check.’ He typed out,  sending it to the class 1-A group chat.

The only responses they got were ‘no’s and ‘nope’s.

“No luck,'' Midoriya said, going back to his smoothie with a much more subdued mood than before.
}{

wc:700
sorry for the shorter chapter
ty for reading!!

if anyone needs anything or has questions, feel free to ask <3