4

“Hey! Bakubro! I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever,” Kirishima yelled, running over to Bakugo’s table at lunch. 

“Well maybe you should take a hint then,” Bakugo mumbled. To be honest, he didn’t want to avoid Kirishima - and Midoriya too, he just didn’t want to ruin their relationship with each other. They were just so perfect he didn’t even know what he could do. 

“What’d you say?” Kirishima asked, sitting down in the seat across from Bakugo. 

“It was nothing. What do you need anyways, shitty hair?” 

“I just wanted to talk, since we haven’t talked in a while. Do you not have a lunch?” He asked, noticing that despite being in the cafeteria, Bakugo had no food, nor an empty tray anywhere near him. 

“I didn’t feel like waiting in the line,” Bakugo said, telling the truth. Or mostly the truth. In reality, the main reason was because his most-recent relapse had been unexpectedly bad and the injuries hurt worse standing, and he didn’t want to have to stand any more than needed. 

“You should have some of mine then,” Kirishima said, pushing his tray forward between the two of them. Bakugo just nodded, picking up the silverware and eating a few bites of rice. “You can have more than that. I’ve already eaten enough, so you can have the rest.” Kirishima pushed the tray the rest of the way in front of Bakugo. 

In response, Bakugo just nodded, eating the food. Kirishima sat silently staring at him. Why was Bakugo eating with his left hand? He was right handed wasn’t he? Kirishima looked closer at Bakugo’s right arm, seeing that his uniform seemed to be bumpy and tight fitting, as if he had on other layers underneath the shirt. 

“What happened to your arm?” Kirishima asked, reaching out and skimming his fingers over Bakugo’s arm. 

“What do you mean what happened to my arm?” Bakugo said, quickly pulling his arm away from Kirishima. 

“You flinched,” Kirishima said. 

“It’s just a little training injury. Nothing serious.” Bakugo felt bad for lying, but he couldn’t very well get so specific that Kirishima realized they were soulmates. And he definitely didn’t want Kirishima to find out about the real cause of his arm being injured. “Thanks for the lunch, Shitty hair,” Bakugo said, standing up from the table. “I’m gonna go back to class now.”

}{

Kirishima woke up in the middle of the night, close to four am. Knowing he wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep, Kirishima patted across his bed, grabbing for his phone. 

Missed Call: Bakubro - 1:24 am

Why had Bakugo called him? Bakugo never called him, especially not in the middle of the night. 

Hey Bakugo, are you still up? Kirishima typed, pausing for just a second before hitting the send button. When the message was marked as read within just a few seconds, Kirishima decided to call him. 

The phone rang two times, and then Bakugo picked up. 

“What do you need,” Bakugo grumbled. 

“Why’d you call me in the middle of the night?” 

“Sorry. Won’t happen again.”

“No no no, don’t apologize. What was going on?”

“Nothing. It’s fine now, so you should go to bed.”

Kirishima signed, knowing something had happened. Bakugo wouldn’t just call him in the middle of the night for no reason - something must have happened, Bakugo just didn’t seem even able to tell him. 

“Are you… safe right now?” Kirishima asked with hesitance. 

Bakugo was silent. Usually, he would have just automatically said no, no matter what he was feeling, but he didn’t know if he could bring himself to lie without crying. 

“How are you not safe right now? Someone near you? Yourself?”

“Just had a bad night I guess… Wasn’t safe with people around me, but now just myself, no one else.” He didn’t know why he’d been honest, but something compelled him to, even if he didn’t want to get too close to Kirishima. 

“How are you not safe with yourself?” Kirishima asked. 

“Don’t wanna talk about it… just if you’re not too tired… will you please stay on the phone with me?”

“Of course. Do you want to talk about anything? Or want me to tell a story? That’s what I’ve been doing when Izu’s not feeling great.”

Bakugo’s breath hitched in his throat as he felt a lump building in the bottom of his throat and held back his tears. “Story please,” Bakugo said, his voice cracking in the middle, still struggling not to cry. 

“You want a darker kinda sad story, or something funny and chaotic?”

“Darker one.”

So there’s this kid, Myrrh. They have curly faded purple-hair that covers their eyes. One day, when Myrrh was walking through the forest, they ran across a badger. They followed the badger through the forest, until they lost sight of the badger. Looking around, Myrrh realized they had no clue where they were. As they continued walking, Myrrh found a strange clearing, filled with makeshift gravestones. Four of them were marked as Caitlin, Harriet, Abe, and Bessie. One other had nothing but a date, and off to the side, laid one gravestone, fully unmarked. Myrrh continued on walking, until they found themselves at a cabin. When they stepped inside, everything was covered with at least an inch of dust. There were two rooms - the room Myrrh stepped into seemed to be the main room, with a dutch-oven looking thing, a table, a chair, a piano, and a violin. With everything covered in so much dust, the violin looked out of place as it was perfectly clean. From a doorway to the second room, a shadow stepped out. “Who are you?” Myrrh asked. The shadow didn’t speak as it stepped closer to Myrrh. As it stepped closer, Myrrh could see that it looked more like a boy, wearing a loose linen shirt, suspenders, and ¾ length pants. The boy yet again stepped closer to Myrrh, and began circling, as if they were inspecting them. Myrrh now saw that the boy seemed somehow washed out, and maybe even translucent. The boy introduced himself as Raymond, and proceeded to ask who Myrrh was. 

For hours the two kids talked, Raymond talking about his life - or past life, as Myrrh learned, and Myrrh talking about theirs. Just before the sun was about to set, Myrrh had to return home, knowing that their mom would still be at work and they needed to make dinner for their sister. 

From then on, Myrrh returned to the cabin in the woods as often as they could. Eventually Myrrh decided to ask about the gravestones they had found  the first day that they found Raymond’s cabin. Raymond first told Myrrh about Caitlin. 

Caitlin had been Ray’s mother, but had sadly passed away when he was close to 6 or 7 years old, in childbirth with her fourth child - the gravestone only marked with a date. 

Noticing that Kirishima’s speaking was getting slower and more slurred, Bakugo interrupted him before the story continued. “You should get some sleep, Shitty hair,” Bakugo mumbled. 

“You sure you’ll be okay?” Kirishima asked. 

“Yeah, I’m feeling better now. You should tell me the rest of the story another day. I liked it.”

Though Kirishima may not have noticed it, as he was preoccupied with making sure Bakugo was okay, Midoriya had. For the first time in weeks, their soulmate had not had a relapse in the night. 

}{

wc: 1244

ty for reading!

There'll be another update really soon cause im on a trip but my moms sick so i kinda have nothing to do since i have none of my shit except for my phone and 2 books

also there's this goddamn rooster has been screaming for hours and i wanted to tell somebody that