27

FUCK IM SO SORRY I SWORE I WAS GONNA PUBLISH THIS AND THEN I FORGOT😭😭

anywhoo, this is the last chapter - ty to anyone who's read this far!!

}{

“I still sometimes don’t get it,” Kirishima whispered. 

“Don’t get what?” Midoriya responded. Bakugo was back at his house for the moment, having wanted to visit his father, and Kirishima and Midoriya had decided that they wanted to spend some time with each other (and Midoriya hadn’t wanted to have to make his own dinner), so they were staying together at Kirishima’s house. 

“Why you didn’t tell me,” Kirishima mumbled. 

“About, ya’know, this?” Midoriya gestured to his thighs, seeing that that’s where Kirishima seemed to be staring. Kirishima nodded. He understood in some ways how it must’ve been scary for Midoriya, but at the same time, he was upset that Midoriya never felt safe enough to come to him. Hell, he didn’t even find out because he had been told, he found out because Midoriya forgot he had scars when he was wearing only boxers in front of Kirishima. 

“Yeah… About that.”

“It’s… It’s a bit hard to explain, cause,” Midoriya paused, “I’m not sure even I know all of why I didn’t.” There was a moment of silence as Midoriya thought  to himself. “Kacchan has self-harmed,” Midoriya began saying, “And so have I… I guess I thought if you knew I did it, after Kacchan did it for so long, you would end up doing it too.”

“That’s what Kats thought too… I want you to know, I wouldn’t ever do that,” Kirishima responded. 

“I know, just, the illogical side of my brain won’t stop saying what if you did, just, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. I don’t know if I could take it, and I know Kacchan definitely couldn’t. He already blames himself so much for me doing this…” He was breathing heavily as he began hyperventilating, frantically wiping the tears from his face, just trying to make them stop.

“Izu, it’s okay, it’s okay,” Kirishima repeated, holding Midoriya’s hand tight until he calmed down. 

“I didn’t want you to ever have to find out… I just did it impulsively twice but… they scarred a lot I guess. There’s not much hiding this.. Mess.” Midoriya looked down at his own legs, overcome with an overwhelming feeling of regret. 

“Hey, no part of you is a ‘mess’, except for maybe your hair,” Kirishima said, lifting a hand up to ruffle Midoriya’s hair. “Nothings wrong with having scars - nothing’s wrong with your scars,” Kirishima’s hand laid gently over Midoriya’s thigh. “I just wish you had felt more comfortable sharing these with me.”

“God, I hate having these scars,” Midoriya mumbled. “I can’t even look at my own legs without feeling horrible about all this. Actually doing it, hiding it from you, and when Kacchan had to come take care of me.” 

“He took care of you because he cares about you, Izu. Look at me,” Kirishima tilted Midoriya’s face up towards him. “Nothing is wrong with your scars. I’m not gonna say they’re beautiful or any of that bullcrap, but they’re not ugly either. They’re just a part of you, and I love all of you, scars or no scars.”

Midoriya nodded to Kirishima, mumbling out a thank you. “I know you don’t judge my scars, but what if I… What if I really don’t want them?”

“Then that’s okay too. I have some scar cream I use for training injuries if you wanted to try using that. I don’t know if it will get rid of them fully,” Kirishima glanced down to the deep-pink scars. It definitely won’t get rid of all of them. “But maybe it’ll help you be more comfortable with yourself.” Midoriya nodded again.