18

All three boyfriends were hanging out. They had gone out to dinner (also known as they ate fried chicken in the Braums parking lot) and then had decided to go on a walk around a local park to watch the sunset. It had been getting warmer as it got closer and closer to summer, but with the slight wind, and sun setting, the temperature was perfect.

“Hey Eijiro, can you continue telling that story?” Bakugo asked.

“The one from that night on the phone?” Kirishima responded.

“Yeah, that one.”

“We left off with Ray not wanting to talk about Edmund and Abe, right?”

“Yep.”

“It gets a lot darker from here, so be prepared. And Izu, sorry if you’re a bit confused,” Kirishima chucked. “I’m pretty sure I’ve told you enough about it that it’ll make a little sense.

So, Myrrh. They continued practicing the piano piece until it was nearly perfect. They continued talking about Raymond's past and Myrrh’s present. Eventually, Ray and Myrrh decided it was time that they could play the duet together. For some reason, it felt like this was a goodbye, and both Raymond and Myrrh knew it. Just before they began playing, Raymond spoke up, saying he wanted to tell Myrrh what really happened to him, Abe, and Edmund. Just in case this really was goodbye.

Ray took a moment to breathe, gathering his thoughts before he began telling the story.

It had been a nice day - a bit cloudy, likely about to rain within the week, but the temperature was like those perfect fall days where you can’t even think about being inside because of how nice it feels outside. Raymond had been outside, working on the east side of the cabin, tending to their garden, and Abe had been on the west side. When Raymond walked around to the other side of the building, Abe was no longer anywhere to be seen. Before he knew it, he heard screaming - Abe’s screaming - coming from in the forest. He began running, knowing what he would find. Edmund was always in a worse mood this season, since it was around the time Caitlin passed.

When he made it to where Abe - and Edmund - were, Abe was lying limp on the dirt ground, Edmund standing over him, a blank expression on his face. Raymond rushed over to Abe, picking him up off the ground and checking for a pulse. It was faint but it was still there. Back at the cabin, Raymond did his best to care for Abe, but he was dead by morning. Maybe he could have survived, had they lived closer to town - or had Abe had any will left to live. Edmund had returned in the middle of the night, but Ray had been too busy taking care of Abe - trying to save Abe to even notice. The next day, Ray spent the whole morning and most of the afternoon digging his brother’s grave, and doing his best to carve a gravestone, for the third time in his life despite being only 15. He carried his brother to the grave, saying his final goodbyes, and burying his sibling six feet under.

“You didn’t tell me it was going to be that dark!” Bakugo yelled, flicking Kirishima’s arm.

“I am confused as hell right now,” Midoriya added.

“Well, I don’t think either of you are prepared for the next part if you thought that was the darkest part,” Kirishima said.

“I’m not ready to go home yet, so can we walk around a bit more?” Midoriya asked.

“Sounds good to me. Maybe we can find an ice cream stand or something.”

}{

Kirishima and Midoriya refused to let Bakugo stay at his own house for close to two weeks after the most recent incident, until he was forced to come home by his father calling him, letting him know there would be a family dinner with his grandparents - his mother’s mother and father - he would need to be home for.

It was a Friday afternoon when Bakugo arrived home, and he had been receiving miniature lectures from Midoriya and Kirishima all day about how if even the smallest thing happened, he needed to call them. When he walked inside he found that only his father was home, and his mother was nowhere to be seen. In his bedroom, it took nearly 15 minutes to find more formal clothing to wear, considering most of his clothing wasn’t even at his own house, and he had not done laundry at his parent’s home in what felt like forever. Despite that, he did find a way to pull together an outfit nice enough for his grandparents visit. When he returned to the dining room, he was dressed in plain black pants and a somewhat wrinkled button-up.

He sat on one end of the dining table, and his father sat at the other, both of them waiting for Mitsuki or for Mitsuki’s parents to arrive home.

“They’re your soulmates, aren’t they?” Masaru asked out of nowhere.

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about, old man,” Bakugo retorted. He couldn’t know about Kirishima and Midoriya. If he knew, it wasn’t long before Mitsuki found out too. Her reaction would be bad - there was no debate about that - but, he had no clue how bad it would be.

“The two boys who were over here that day with you in the bathroom, and who always wait outside for you in the mornings just a few houses down. Red hair and green hair. They’re your soulmates, aren’t they?” His dad had seen Kirishima and Midoriya waiting for him before school?

“Don’t fucking dare tell the old hag.”

“I won’t. I know how she can be. You’ve been staying with them, right?” He continued asking.

“Figured it out, didja? Who else would I be staying with?”

Masaru stood from the table and sat back down a few chairs over, now next to his son. “Well,” He said, “I would quite like to meet them sometime, when your mom’s out. Have they been helping you? With the cutting stuff?”

Masaru made a motion against his wrist with his opposite hand that Bakugo internally cringed at. He never understood why so many adults did that - it was annoying enough when they always called it cutting, like no one else hurts themselves in different ways, but even more so when they just had to add the imagery along with their speaking. Bakugo never even self-harmed on his wrists, yet that’s always the motion his father did anytime the topic was brought up.

Bakugo was silent for a moment before responding with a simple ‘yea’. After another moment of silence, Bakugo continued saying, “They’ve really helped me a lot. I don’t know what I would do without them.”

“I’m glad for that. I’m glad you found someone who can help you.”

}{

wc: 1100