8

YOONGI'S POV~

The following day at work I stood there, my jaw to the floor as Sung-Jee stood in front of me. I had no idea how she found out where I worked or why the hell she was here right now.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not even sure where to begin after what Y/n had told me last night.

"I came to see you, silly. I'm sure by now you've heard that Y/n came to see me." Sung-jee says with a smug look on her face.

"You gave Hoseok her number didn't you?" I ask even though I already knew the answer.

"Was I not supposed to do that, my bad." She replies, her words slightly sinister as if she knew exactly how to piss me off, and that she did.

"What are you trying to do here?" I ask, already feeling annoyed.

"Isn't it obvious. I told you before, I know I did. I want you back, Yoongi. I know you loved me before and you could love me again. Just let Hoseok have his way and we can be together. Everyone wins."

My stomach turns at her words, hating every single bit of this idea of hers.

"I'm with y/n and I have no intentions of leaving her. I'm not giving her to Hoseok either. So call off your little lap dog, would ya." I say but that only makes Sung-jee smile.

"No can do. I still love you Yoongi and we both know the only reason you hate Hoseok so much is because of what happened with us. If you give y/n over to him, you won't have to deal with him again. Everyone's happy." I scoffed then.

"You seem to be forgetting that I broke up with you. Even after you came crawling back to me, the damage had already been done. I don't want you, not now. I love y/n and I'm not going to let you and Hoseok ruin that."

"Ruin it? Can't ruin what's already doomed to fail." Sung-jee says as she takes a step closer to me.

"Don't worry, I'm not telling Hoseok how to do anything. He's doing it all on his own free will. He's in love with her after all and you know better then anyone, when he's in love with someone he's goes for it, no matter what." She smirks, hinting back to when he had taken her from me.

I grit my teeth, feeling angry as I thought back to it. The one grudge I held forever and couldn't seem to let go of. Especially when history was repeating itself.

"It isn't going to happen again, I can promise you that." I say and Sung-jee turns on her heels before she she mumbled out, "Yeah, we will see." Before she disappears from the building.

Once she's out of sight I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. That was the last thing I had expected to happen and the last person I expected to see.

I wasn't sure how to go about telling y/n this because I knew it would upset her.

Obviously she already knew because of last night about Sung-Jee's lies but once she found out Sung-Jee's true intentions, she definitely wouldn't be happy.

Which of course was understandable. She was now doing the same thing Hoseok was doing, thus causing even more problems for y/n and I.

I felt frustrated and annoyed. Just when I had thought things were getting better they seemed to be getting worse.

This was the last thing I wanted. All I wanted was to be happy with y/n and of course the people from our past were ruining that.

All I knew was that y/n and I needed to stay strong and not turn against each other in anyway. Y/n was right, we're a team and in order to keep our past flings from getting in the way of that, we had to make sure we were communicating and keeping things good.

This Hoseok thing had already caused us so many problems and now with Sung-jee doing the same thing, things were bound to get worse.

I didn't want that to happen so I needed to be open and honest and just tell y/n what happened today.

I knew she'd be upset but I'd just have to reassure her, just as she does for me.

No matter what, we'd get through this.

——
Y/N'S POV~

When Yoongi got home from work I could tell something was on his mind.

He seemed very spaced out and his mood just seemed bad overall.

I had given him some time when he got off to cool down and now I was about to talk to him to see what happened.

As I entered our bedroom I saw him seated on the bed, staring off into space.

"You okay? Did something happen?" I ask as I sit down on the bed beside him.

Yoongi looked over at me and sighed. "Sung-Jee showed up at my work today. It seems she's pulling the same shit Hoseok is."

Right away, Yoongi's words created a pit in my stomach.

"She's after you again now?" I asked, making sure I was understanding him properly.

"I guess so. I told her it wouldn't happen and to stop but I don't think she's going to. To put this simply, we're fucked." Yoongi says and I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair.

"This is all my fault. I should have never reached out to her. I really just made this that much worse for us." I say, annoyed that I hadn't thought this out more clearly.

"You didn't know. Besides, we can't help how others act. I should have realized that better with Hoseok. I'm sorry for how I've acted about all of this." Yoongi says.

"It's fine. As long as we don't let this get in between us again it'll be okay. We'll just have to deal with it as it comes." I sigh, knowing there wasn't much else we could do.

Luckily with Hoseok's number being blocked, he hasn't been able to reach me so that was a plus but now I had Sung-Jee to worry about.

Things just kept getting worse and worse and I didn't know how much more I could take.

"Just know that you have nothing to worry about. I don't care that her and I once dated, I love you now and I always will. We'll be okay, I know it." Yoongi says as he leans forward and kisses my forehead.

I lean into him as I let out a soft sigh.

"I sure hope so."

——

A/n: Sorry for the late update but hey, better late then never 🤪🤪🤭