17

I watched as y/n turned on her heels, practically running out of the building.

My heart ached in my chest as I watched her go but my brain was jumping for joy.

I reached into my pocket, clicking the end call button on my cellphone, hanging up the phone call I had made to Hoseok when I had gotten here. Not that it had mattered anyway seeing as he had gotten here half way through our conversation and saw all of it unfold in person.

It was all part of my plan. Now listen, I know this is all one big fucked ball of confusion but I'll explain. By calling Hoseok, he listened in on the conversation of Sung-Jee pretending to be in love with me, assuming I was reciprocating those feelings that's why I broke it off with y/n. In reality, he was only here to hear what Sung-jee was about to say next.

"She was always one for the dramatics, huh?" Sung-Jee scoffs as she releases my arm, backing away from me.

"She sure is. Thanks again for this by the way, it means a lot." I say and Sung-Jee smiles as she nods.

"No, thank you. You finally showed me how much Hoseok truly loves me, which was something I've needed to see. I've made my mistakes back then as well but the one thing I always regretted was hurting you both. I know it was shitty of me but I had really grown to love Hoseok and I felt awful for hurting you two. In the end, you got y/n, and hopefully I will get Hoseok back and that's what really matters." She says with a soft smile as she continues.

"Now go on, go to her. I have to have a talk with Hoseok." Sung-Jee says, her eyes landing on Hoseok who stood there shocked in the corner.

I thank her again before I run out in search of y/n.
——

Y/N'S POV~
As soon as Yoongi walked through the front door, I ran to him, throwing my arms around his neck.

"It worked. Holy fuck it worked!" I say, a huge smile on my face as Yoongi picks me up, spinning me around in joy.

"I told you it would! I think this may finally be the end of it all. Hopefully their talk goes well." I say as he sets me down before kissing my lips.

When I pulled back I leaned my head into his chest with a sigh of relief.

"Oh yeah, never fake break up with me ever again. It hurt." I say and Yoongi chuckles as he kisses the top of my head.

"I wouldn't dream of it. You're stuck with me always." He says as he takes my face in his hands before he presses his lips to mine gently.

"Good because that's exactly where I want to be." I say as I lean my head onto Yoongi's shoulder.

For the first time today, I was hopeful.
———

THIRD PERSON POV~
Hoseok and Sung-jee's eye met from across the room, both of them averting their gaze.

Let's make this clear, after Sung-Jee's stunt a few weeks ago talking about how in love she still was with Yoongi, this was the last thing Hoseok had expected.

He hadn't expected to come here thinking Yoongi has finally broken up with y/n like he wanted, only for it to be some scheme just to get Hoseok and Sung-jee to know the truth.

To know that the two of them still cared deeply about each other, despite their past and everything they had been through.

"So none of that breakup was real? The two of them are still together?" Hoseok asked as he finally made it over to Sung-Jee.

"Yes, they are. This whole time, from the very beginning I've been lying. I made it seem as if I still wanted to be with Yoongi but the truth is, I was just trying to find out how you felt about me. I know I went to extreme lengths and it was a bit unnecessary but I understand now." Sung-jee says as she smiles.

"All of our lives we've come second next to those two. Yoongi always wanted y/n and y/n always wanted Yoongi. This whole time all I've wanted was you and vice versa. We were trying so hard for something that's been right in front of us this whole time." She says, watching as Hoseok's features soften.

"You've really loved me all this time and not him? Then why? Why did you say those things back then about wanting him? Why did you leave me for him again?" Hoseok asks, his old feeling of hurt resurfacing.

"I was confused. I did love Yoongi at one point, yes, but it's always been you. You're the one I've wanted to be with and when I found out you were only after y/n as a means of payback for what happened, I felt relieved. You never stopped loving me and fuck Hoseok, I've never stopped loving you either. I want to be with you."

Sung-Jee's words made Hoseok's heart swell. "Do you really mean it?" He asks, having waited most of his teenage years and then some to hear her say that.

"I do. You have to leave the two of them be now. You've made your point and they get it, I get it. We can be happy now. Just the two of us." Sung-Jee says as she takes a step closer to Hoseok.

"Of course, anything for you." Hoseok says as he closes the gap between them, kissing Sung-Jee with all he had.

Right now, Hoseok felt on top of the world. He finally had the love of his life and for the first time in a very long time, he wasn't holding onto that grudge his fifteen year old self had made.

Finally, Hoseok was at peace.