Chapter 17

"You brought back some fish the day you said you wanted to join. Where did the fish come from?" Albatross demanded.
He'd dragged her out of the cave and took her to a private spot on the sand. The star lake glistened behind Albatross, making his accusing glare cast a shadow.
"From the water?.." she didn't think the fish were that important. She struggled to remember where she found them.
"Why is it so important anyways?"
"Because the only food we can get is from FireClan, and they don't have fish." He stated.
It must be hard for a cat like Albatross to admit that he needs aid from another clan. It would probably body his pride if his clan could find their own food.

The tide pool. Crimsonpelt whispered.
"A tide pool." She blurted.
"What tide pool? There are no tide pools around here." He leaned forward.
"It goes farther than your territory. I had to run to get there."
Albatross thought for a moment.
"...You will take me to this place tomorrow. Be prepared, we leave at dawn."

...

Omni and Albatross walked without stopping. They did not dare utter a word to each other the whole way to the tide pool. Omni made sure to quietly ask Crimsonpelt to lead her there before they left so she wouldn't get lost.
They hadn't even eaten that morning, but Omni was hopeful that the tide would be low so she could have some fish.
She'd been running so fast last time, she hadn't noticed how long it took to walk there. They needed to pass DuneClan's territory, then walk for another long while, to get there.
They finally arrived at the tide pool, and lucky for them it was low tide. Many fish were trapped between the rocks, making them an easy target.

"This is where I got the fish." She stated.
"How did you know this was here?"
StarClan, was this cat ever going to let it rest.
"I was prowling for prey, I smelled it before I found it. It was just dumb luck." She replied.
Albatross grunted, then walked closer to the tide pool to swipe up a fish. Omni did the same.
They both ate in silence, until Albatross finally broke it.
"So, why were you kicked out of your clan?" He asked.
Of course he would know she was from there. It was the same way Lite somehow knew, she probably still smelled like the clans.

"...I was born in ShadowClan but I was stolen before I could even first open my eyes. ThunderClan's leader took me and my cousin, because he didn't want ShadowClan to have a lot of future warriors - they had lots of kits at the time - and he gave me and my cousin to Dawnfern to be raised as a ThunderClan cat. I eventually found out and he got scared that i was going to expose him so he almost killed me. My deputy called a "trial by judgement" thing and the majority voted on temporarily banishing me."
Albatross paused for a moment, processing the information.

"Is Cloverstar still ShadowClan's leader?" He asked.
"No, it's Redstar now."
"Good." He didn't add more than that, but Omni figured that Cloverstar wasn't a great leader.
"Jaggedstar's still doing well." She added.
He nodded in response.
Omni was almost sure that Albatross hated her because she reminded him of the clans. Cats like him mustn't like being reminded of old memories, and that was what she was doing to him.
She would just have to wait until he warmed up to her eventually.

"I'm going to have you patrol the territory beside the Sharptooth's region. Fox will continue to patrol the Sharptooth's region, and you'll be close enough to him to ask for help. I would have given you the Sharptooth's region but I realize that I need someone strong and experienced to keep an eye on that place. It's the most dangerous border of our territory." He explained.
Omni nodded in response and finished up her fish. The two of them walked back in a slightly more comfortable silence. The sun would set soon.

Omni thought of Wrenpaw the whole way back.
Was he okay?
It had only been less than a half-moon since she'd left, and she was already missing him. She comforted herself by thinking of a conversation he'd like to have.
What would their warrior names be?
He'd asked that at their first gathering. Wrenpaw would probably be something like Wrenheart or Wrenflight because of his kindness.
Would he finally be bigger than her when she returned, or would he still be tiny?
Well, all of her questions could be answered when she returned.
She might have a terrible reputation after she returned, but she'd see her family again. That's what matters.

She realized that she didn't need to worry about what the other cats thought about her being banished and becoming a warrior late. She would be will the cats she loved. She wished she could have had a normal life without the veil or the secrets from her past, but ThunderClan was her home. ThunderClan was where she belonged.
She would need to learn to make peace with her past, but she needed to move on.
She knew what she was going to do. She knew what she had been debating on since she discovered her past.

When the four moons were over, she would return home.