Chapter 20

Omni was very nervous while walking with Vox through the grass on the outskirts of FireClan. She looked up at the star lake, trying to calm or reassure herself.
Why wasn't Crimsonpelt showing up? He always showed up.
"Is that scar from the Sharptooth? It looks new." Vox asked, talking about the strawberry pink scar across her snout.
"Um, yeah." She wanted to say more, but she wasn't great at continuing conversations.

"I can see it too." He said abruptly.
"What?"
Vox looked back at her with a serious expression.
"My spirit guide told me what you are. I also met Crimsonpelt last night."
Vox had The Veil too? That's amazing! She can actually meet another cat like her.
"I don't know what it is. My spirit guide told me you knew." He added.
"Yes, it's a thing that random cats are born with called The Veil. It means you can see the star lake and apparently have a spirit guide. I don't know much about it other than stories, but I'm guessing all cats with The Veil have a spirit guide and can see the star lake." She said.
"What's the star lake? I mean, I know what it looks like and stuff but what is it actually? I always thought it was where cats went when they died or something." Vox asked.

She hadn't really thought of that. That the star lake could be where StarClan was. But now that she thought about it, it made sense.
"Perhaps it is StarClan, where cats go when they pass on. All I know for sure is that it brings light, and allows us to see better at night...What's your spirit guide's name?"
"Briarstripe." He replied.
"Mine's Crimsonpelt."
Vox looked over at her, in a way that told him he was grateful to meet her.
"Well, I won't keep you any longer. You should get back to DuneClan. Good luck after you leave them. Make sure you apologize to your friends and family, they must be very worried about you." That was the last thing he said, before continuing on back to his clan.

"Sorry I was gone." Crimsonpelt appeared beside her on her journey back to DuneClan.
"It's okay, you just gave me a fright. What were you doing?"
"Talking to Briarstripe. She's very nice."
"Is the star lake really StarClan?" Omni stopped walking and stared at him intently. He didn't respond, but returned her stare with knowing eyes.
"You should get back to DuneClan."

...

"So, what did he want?" Tangle asked, taking great interest.
Omni had just returned to camp, and everyone was already asleep.
"...He was asking about ThunderClan. He was just curious." She said slowly, making up a story as she continued.
"Cool. Anyways, it's getting late. We need to sleep." Tangle laid in her respective corner, ushering Omni to come lay next to her.
"Goodnight Omni." She closed her eyes.
Omni took her place beside Tangle.
"Goodnight."